HubSpot Ideas

RyanAfton

BACKUP Personalization Token IF Primary Personalization Token is UNKNOWN Field

I'm shocked this feature does not exist. Especially when it comes to SEQUENCES. Every salesperson has experienced this frustration I'm sure....

MAJOR PROBLEM:

You're doing a 1:1 or Bulk Enroll Sequence.

You set Personalization Token as: Contact First Name

HOWEVER, we all know that 50% of the time we may not know the Contact First Name we only have an email.

So in Bulk Enroll you have to type a general replacement for this First Name token if unknown so in the case of:

Hi ContactFirstNameToken

I have to fill something generic like: Hi "Team" or Hi "guys"

Everyone will benefit on Hub Spot if this solution is created:

1. A BACKUP Personalization Token that fills for that email send IF Primary Personalization Token is UNKOWN. Simple as that.

50% of the time we may not know the Contact First Name we only have an email.

But, 100% of the time, the COMPANY NAME is KNOWN.

So with this new Mod we would simply set:

PRIMARY Personalization Token: ContactFirstName

SECONDARY Personalization Token: (that fills if primary token is unknown)

CompanyName

Now I can set the above personalization tokens logic and when doing BULK ENROLL or even a 1:1 Sequence if the ContactFirstName is UNKNOWN, it will automatically fill in the known property of Company name so that all of those emails go out as:

Hi CompanyName

Instead of Hi Guys, or Hi Team, or Hi

PLEASE SOLVE THIS PROBLEM HUB SPOT! It can't be hard to do.

3 Replies
anmolk
Participant

I came across this exact same problem today and I was stunned by not being able to see this. I couldn't believe that a platform like HubSpot doesn't have something as basic as this. 

TimCox

Similar issue with regards to using salutation and last name.

We have last name in all cases, but not always the salutation (mostly filled in, but not a required field). So "Dear Mr Jones" would be the ideal but some logic if either personalization is incomplete so it defaults to "Dear Customer" or "Dear *Company Name* as suggested above.

AliceKirchhoff

I would love this for marketing emails. In the event, say, that the Salutation property is empty/unknown, being able to have CONTACT.FIRSTNAME as a backup would be outstanding.