HubSpot Ideas

jaynescarman

Autoresponder on conversations inbox

An autoresponder on the conversations inbox would be really helpful.

Our customers use an email address to report issues. When an email comes in, our support team manually creates a ticket and that triggers an email to the customer to say we've received it. We've chosen not to use the ticket auto creation feature from conversations because we were finding that when customers replied about a ticket, it created a new one. (Meaning multiple tickets for the same issue).

However, this means that out of hours, the customer doesn't get any response when they email us, because a ticket doesn't get created.

An autoresponder on the conversations mailbox would be really helpful to acknowledge the enquiry.

We can't use the mailbox itself (Gmail) as this only sends autoresponses to an individual every 4 days, not to every message.

64 Commentaires
rwong
HubSpot Employee

Upvoting this on behalf of a customer! Users need this if they're using HubSpot-hosted inboxes and aren't able to set up OOO responses from their connected inbox instead

DavidYounger
Participant

I second this.
We only want support tickets created via a form.

So any emails sent directly to our support email need an autoresponder to direct them to our form.
However, this does not apply to replies to conversation emails which should not be auto responded to.
Cheers
David

ryan415
Membre

+1 -- seems like an obvious way to bolster Service Hub with the strength of HubSpot email marketing.

JavaHub
Membre

This would be really handy!

KellyGreen78
Membre

This is vital for the Service Hub - I would love to hear if this is going to be implemented!

CoachCampbell
Membre

+1 as well. Just had a client ask for this functionality with the exact same scenario. 

harri11
Participant

+1

reTyre
Participant

Agreed, if we are to have a centralized conversation inbox, it needs to provide all the basic needs.

DDS1
Membre

+1 - Yep I'm surpised this is not already in!

Yomi
Membre

I am really in support of this idea.

It will be fantsatsic if this feature could be implimented, hence making conversation more active and pretty engaging.

TWhite1223
Membre

I support this and take it one step further. My business operates several white label services so i would love to have an auto response that can be generated from each inbox we support. Currently it looks as thought the only option is a single response (that has a hard sender that has to be designated) when we manage the support for White-label brands its not good to put our business name on their brand simply to inform a customer their e-mail was recieved. 

The goal should be to allow inbox automated messages that can be triggered on Brand New inbox e-mails that can be personalized to/for each inbox.  my company manages 15 inboxes and needs an ability to confirm the e-mail was recieved from the customer. 

Is there any update to this as i see this was first created back in 4/2020?

Timohoh
Participant

+1

we are using the Gmail out-of-office-response but it should be available in HS directly

VinzyChai
Membre

I really support this idea. My company has created few inboxes in HubSpot but we couldn't do the autoresponder on the conversations to cut short the response time. It would be very helpful if this feature comes to life. 

TWhite1223
Membre

I was actually able to solve my issue with creating each pipeline unique to each inbox and and then structuring each inbox e-mail to create a ticket with new e-mails. Then i was able to setup an automated e-mail when a new ticket is created. Basically a customer sends my company and e-mail the inbox corresponds with the Pipeline and creates a ticket which then automatically sends the customer an email focused to the inbox outlining thank you for your e-mail. 

jaynescarman
Membre

The issue for us @TWhite1223 is we're using tickets to manage bugs/feature requests etc. so we wouldn't want a new ticket to be created from every email that comes into the inbox. We get lots of customers responding to existing tickets through here (as well as a load of spam) so we'd end up with a loop of duplicate tickets.

charlieclarke
Membre

+1 - cnat believe this isnt in already...it is needed.

KRobertsson
Membre

We at Eleiko also agrees that an autorespons on the conversations mailbox would be really helpfull.

We are only creating tickets for the issues which needs it. In many cases our teams simply answer and close an email directly. And since you also in that case of automatically creating tickets for all, would have to manually close the ticket (since a ticket is not automatically closed when a converstation is - another thing which would be really helpfull) it is just not possible for us to create a ticket for all conversations...

TWhite1223
Membre

@KRobertsson I was actually able to figure out a way to handle inbound auto responders by e-mail. I have 12 unique support domains and by creating each one as a unique pipeline i could setup e-mails from each support domain to (1) Automatically create a ticket, (2) send out an e-mail recieved auto response when the ticket is created, (3) set the comunication status to automatically identify (a) waiting on Us (b) waiting on Contact. (4) set workflow to automatically close a ticket after x days of being set to waiting on contact. if e-mail does not need response i closed the ticket automatically. I may be handeling tickets a little different as i have a customer support division of 25 people and we track every inbound/outbound communication (1) Phone Calls (2) E-Mails (3) Webforms (4) Live Chat. All create a ticket and an ability for my reps to identify what kind of inquiry it was. 

LauraBarger
Membre

We would also like to use this as some of our support inboxes are worked by small teams that need to reply that we're working a national event or if it's a legal ticket that the corresponding attorney is OOO etc. 

kinsleyarmelle
Participant

+1 we need it too!