HubSpot Ideas

Olivia_Townsend

Automatically trigger a resubscribe email when an opted out contact tries to submit a form

If an unsubscribed customers submits a form (most compellingly, a 'Join Our Mailing List' form), it seems like a shame that they are then caught in limbo. Currently they will NOT be subscribed or flagged in anyway that they are not being subscribed. Hubspot should be able to tell if someone unsubscribed has submitted a form and automatically trigger a resubscribe email to them. 

HubSpot Updates
March 07, 2019 05:03 AM

Thanks for the extra clarification . @Herschel , I think there is room for improvement here, namely

1. Resubscripton via form is only triggered if a contact is opted out of all, not a particular subscription type - adding more flexibility is something we are working on. 
  2. I think there are merits to the contact seeing that they need to resubscribe as an automatic email (without them knowing or expecting) has a higher liklihood of being missed. I think there's opportunity to improve here and am happy to sync up and hear more of your thoughts. 

January 28, 2019 12:59 PM

Thanks for all the comments here - from the Subscriptions side of things, enhancing our re-subscription options is a goal for early 2019, we appreciate the feedback and will take these suggestions into account as we improve the re-subscription via form feature.

Delivered
August 02, 2017 05:26 AM

Hey @Olivia_Townsend this feature is already availble to all HubSpot Marketing customers. Check out how to set this up here: How to set up resubscription emails for forms

22 Replies
rbutler-nw
Participant

This is still a serious issue with HubSpot. I've been trying to acheive an automated way of doing this via API and with workflows etc, yet we still cannot do this. While the form submission way is officially there, it's a terrible User Experience which has been mentioned before by others on this thread.

HS even added the ability to change a Subscription Status on a workflow, but it will not override the users selection if they opted out previously.

It's been 4 years of waiting for this feature for me, and a proper preference center that can be accessed WITHOUT the need to go to a previously sent email, and despite all the promises of product managers within HS "raising the feature requests" that I have spoken to, here we are - still no where near to a solution, and this idea forum rarely ever seems to get the important features like this added. 

HubSpot is the only ESP/CRM provider who handles opt ins in this way, and it's very backwards. I have never had these challenges on any other ESP/CRM system. I've chatted to a lot of people within the Publishing industry and none have ever had these restrictions or issues with their ESP systems......

CSchluetz

Is there already a solution for this issue? If a contact is unsubscribed from e.g. only one subscription type, there is still no trigger of the resubscription mail yet. We NEED this for proper email marketing...