HubSpot Ideas

simonquin5

Automatically search LinkedIn for contact and add contact profile link and image to HubSpot profile

So I'm using a competitors CRM and their CRM automatically searches LinkedIn and adds the persons LinkedIn profile URL link and also pulls their photo from LinkedIn and adds it to their contact card.

HubSpot doesn't do this.  Which is a pity.  

If HubSpot did this it would be much better.  

49 Comentários
simonquin5
Participante

unnamed (1).png

simonquin5
Participante

So with your competitors product ...

I have my contacts in gmail and I link my gmail to their CRM
The CRM  suggests contacts based off people who I've contacted before in my gmail account

I can either 'add' or 'skip' that person
The CRM automatically adds :
Name
Company
Photo
LinkedIn 
Twitter
When you last were in contact with them
How many times you've emailed back and forth (note, not just since you've started using the CRM but how many times you've contacted them in total before the CRM even came into play.)

This way I don't have to spend ages adding all this information for each person. Also I can see instantly who are the people I've spoken to the most.

With HubSpot CRM all that information is not added.

Even worse the number of times I've emailed a person is basically set to zero with HubSpot CRM. 

If it was me and I was the boss of HubSpot CRM development I'd be thinking ... these are critical core features.  CRM is all about 1) contacts and the information you have on those contacts.  2) about the sales process.  

You've got your number 1 feature lacking in a quite a severe way compared to one of your competitors.  In many other ways you excel.  But if you really want to beat them, beat them in every way.  

rybwood
Participante

YES, THIS.  

Hubspot has gmail integration already, to not have a super simple way to import all of the google contacts is crazy, you're already connected.  There are hundreds of different programs out there that pull from your google contacts, the fact that Hubspot is literally a contacts database, and doesn't have this simple feature is baffling to me.  

Direct import of contacts from gmail, facebook, linkedin, etc, is mandatory for me to seriously consider Hubspot.  It would literally take several hours to import everything through CRV (CRV only contains maybe 1/10th of the data), while a direct import would take maybe 20 minutes to do every single contact.  Please put this in your next update.

paulwallace83
Membro

Hi Simon - which product is this?

jimbanks
Colaborador(a) | Parceiro

I agree having that facility would help, but if you have Aunt Edna, your childrens headmaster, your doctor etc. in Gmail won't they all get imported as well?

I grab the photos from LinkedIn by right clicking the contact.

Also, LinkedIn only gives super basic information when you export contacts from their system, it's better to add in the information that is pertinent.

Automation for the sake of automation is likely to harm the integrity of your data.

simonquin5
Participante

I agree having that facility would help, but if you have Aunt Edna, your childrens headmaster, your doctor etc. in Gmail won't they all get imported as well?

SInce I use my work google account to contact mostly customers and other people I would like to keep in my CRM then it's a lot easier to have the ability to import and untick the odd few that I don't want to import.  If you use your gmail address for personal stuff then yes it would be an issue.  

I grab the photos from LinkedIn by right clicking the contact.

You mean right click, save image as, upload image to Hubspot CRM and repeat that for 100+ contacts, versus having Hubspot automatically import them all in seconds?  I'm aware you can manually import images, but why would you want to unless the automatically imported image was not the image you would prefer of this contact?  

Automation for the sake of automation is likely to harm the integrity of your data.

Yes but I'm not requesting automation for the sake of it.  I'm talking about real world experience with a competitor that automatically filled their CRM with much more usable data in seconds than I had after an entire day of manually adding contacts and fillnig them.

Yes give us the ability to disable certain sets of information.  I'm not talking about pullnig in every single little bit of data the CRM finds until it's a huge pile of seaving heaving messed up data.  I'm talking about, does this email address have social accounts connected to it?  Yes?  Okay so add those accounts to this contact.  Does this contact have an image or a photo attached to their email (gravatar, linkedin, twitter) if yes then please add it.  Do they have a website?  Great add that.  Have I emailed them before?  Yes?  Okay import all the emails we've sent each other, let me know when I last contacted them and how many times I contacted them.  Let me sort contacts by last contacted and by most contacts or a combination of.  

So no I don't want a higglydee pigglydee heap of useless info imported.  I want relevant info imported (their phone number, their website, their picture, previous contact made with them etc) and I want the ability to choose what and who I want imported.. same as the compeititor(s) I'm thinking of.  It works so much better than having to enter all this data, one by one by one.  

selikas
Membro

Much of my buisness development is through Linkedin and the d-integrator LinkedIn-Hubspot connector Chrome app was invaluable. This is no longer available and I now have the time-consuming, tedious and prone to errors task of manually moving contacts across. 

We need LinkedIn integration!

Daria
Equipe de Produto da HubSpot

Similar to the twitter link, a link to their Linkedin profile would be extremely helpful with researching and connecting to leads!

kbento
Colaborador(a) | Parceiro Diamante

This can be done with a HubSpot > Zapier > FullContact > HubSpot workflow & FullContact is relatively cheap. More info here.

We're currently testing this, but if you'd like more info you can email me at kbento(at)impactbnd.com.

mikestapp
Membro

Does anyone know of any work arounds to prospect for BD without having to manually create each profile? I also would love to see a LinkedIn integration to create contacts from LinkedIn profiles via a Chrome extension.  

Status atualizado para: Idea Submitted
roisinkirby
Equipe de Produto da HubSpot

RT
Membro

Would it work to add ability to search for contact names within a company based on a given job title?  When we buy lists, data is often 5-10 years out of date.  Company names remain the same, and most phone numbers, but contacts change.  Often the best a list seller can offer is the CEO or other executive, who are difficult to reach.  We need the ability to find other contacts based on title, and LinkedIn would provide a mostly up-to-date list of names.  

marketingcafe
Participante

To add on to this query, Can Linkedin profile  (or the  sales navigotor etc. ) be linked with Hubspot? If yes, how to do that.

marketingcafe
Participante

I support this!

marketingcafe
Participante

This integration tool is a very must requirement

ronnyh
Membro

Agreed. Would like a contact property for LinkedIn profile

Anonymous
Não aplicável

-

Anonymous
Não aplicável

@marketingcafe  @RT - Yes, a LinkedIn profile can be linked to HubSpot using a chrome extension: www.linkedhub.io

Here is a video demonstration:

Anonymous
Não aplicável

@simonquin5 @ronnyh @marketingcafe 

One large piece of this puzzle is now solved. The ability to add someone from LinkedIn into HubSpot. You can accomplish this through a google chrome extension: www.linkedhub.io

Here is a video demonstration:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PD8Yut-UhC8

To be clear, I am offering a solution specifically to the problem of gathering info from LinkedIn not gmail.

I am the maker of this extension so I welcome any requests for help or questions.

Pictalent
Membro

The Rapportive Gmail extenstion performs this task well. Would be nice to see something linke this in Hubspot.