HubSpot Ideas

snedyavila

Automatically reopen closed tickets when they receive a reply from the customer

*Submitting on behalf of customer*

Tickets are a great way of managing customer support/services. However, it would be helpful to allow for the automatic reopening of closed tickets that receive a reply from the customer.

Currently when a ticket is closed and the customer replies, it remains closed. This can lead to missed replies when focusing on open tickets.

32 Comentarios
josephbarker20
Miembro

Can't use Service until this is fixed.

JustinAnderson
Participante | Partner nivel Diamond

Totally agree with this. I actually thought that some automatic trigger to re-open a ticket in a certain status after a customer responds was existing functionality, but I just figured out it's not.

Every major ticketing system has this functionality and I want more customers we work with to be able to move from Zendesk to ServiceHub. It's impossible for a rep to easily inventory and prioritize the tickets they need to respond to when they can't just rely on a simple "Support Action Needed/Open" status combined with "Last Activity Date" to see the newest tickets that get put back in their court.

Here's a screenshot of the recommended Workflow setup for doing this when I called into HubSpot: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6kf3r9ljz7vzazv/Screenshot%202018-10-24%2015.43.20.png?dl=0

Per that workflow, this Idea is actually 90% possible to do in HubSpot right now, but there's a few key issues keeping it from working: 

1. Re-enrollment isn't possible in Ticket Workflows, as you can see in my screenshot. This means that the ticket would only be re-opened 1 time, but some of our customers will reply back and forth at least 3-4 times, and the workflow wouldn't detect that. Allowing a re-enromment trigger for Ticket Workflows and setting it to check every time "Last customer reply date = known (aka, updated)" would allow this workflow to solve that problem as described, and replicate some default Zendesk Functionality
  2. Need clarity around what "Last customer reply date" is actually measuring. There's a KB article that discusses the ticket properties ( https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/tickets/hubspots-default-ticket-properties ), but it isn't very specific around which emails or contacts are included in this date property update. Does it only pertain to contacts who are added to that ticket (sometimes we have 5-7 contacts on a complicated technical ticket)? And will it listen to ALL email responses from those contacts to trigger the "Last customer reply date" update, or only the email thread tied to this ticket? Which leads into my next concern.
  3. Deciding which email thread or threads actually directly pertain to the ticket issue. I do ecommerce consulting with our software clients, and sometimes I can see my general consulting related correspondence mixed into the email activity view on the ticket, and sometimes I don't. I can't make sense of it. Can we manually label which email thread or threads are directly tied to this ticket issue and exclude the ones that aren't? Like it is in Zendesk and other tools, HubSpot ServiceHub would be fine 95% of the time if just one email thread was designated as the email thread that pertains to the ticket. Is this happening currently in the background? Can it be made more clear when looking through a contact timeline which email thread is THE thread for a particular ticket? Can it be possible to add or remove conversations if the automation is wrong? (Zendesk has great functionality for merging and unmerging tickets when customers get out of hand, so I think the equivalent here would be adding or removing a designation on email conversaions to state they pertain to that ticket) Ultimately, 95% of tickets should be solvable with a single email thread of correspondence, so if it was clear that "Last customer reply date" was only updated when contacts replied to a specific, identifiable email thread, that would be a good enough short-term solution
  4. Auto create (and maybe even publish) workflows like this to get clients started, faster. To mimic Zendesk or Intercom or other tools right off the bat, I'd completely recommend auto creating and even auto publishing a few Ticket Workflows like this with every new ServiceHub signup just so clients could get off the ground and experiecne the same functionality from those other systems, faster. The workflows could then serve as "settings" that they can change later, if they want.

Hope this helps. We're struggling with this lack of functionality, internally, and we've had a client who can't move from Zendesk to ServiceHub (although they really want to) due to product parity issues like this.

Cheers,

-Justin Anderson

Unific.com HubSpot Ecommerce Consultant

ChrisMcCoy
Miembro

Any progress updates here? 

NoD
Participante

Same problem here. 80% of our Customers reply to the last mail. So the conversation land in an already closed ticket where nobody takes care about it.

Customers are very unhappy, that we do ot help them. But how should we, if we don´t find these mails.....

Pastor
Participante

We just set the 'Closed' status in the pipeline as 'Open' in the setting menu. The time to close default statistics are lost this way,  but you can create it anyway. 

n8andrade
Miembro

The lack of this feature is definitely making us question whether this is the right tool for us to use.

mohamadh1
Miembro

any progress about this feature?

Ali1
Miembro

The closed ticket not opening when receiving a new email is detrimental to the customer relationship. This needs to be implemented ASAP (ref. tkt #2276231).

Estado actualizado a: Delivered
cambria
Equipo de producto de HubSpot

Hey all - thanks for your patience here! This feature is now available for all Service Hub Pro and Enterprise customers and will be turned on by default for any net new customers moving forward.

Just navigate to Ticket settings and select the pipeline for which you’d like to configure this automation:

ticket-status-automation.png

Nigeldb
Colaborador

Really disappointed that this is not in Starter as well.

This is core functionality and yet Hubspot requires a minimum subscription of $540 per month, even if you need less than 5 seats. 

Please can this core functionality be included in Starter as well. 

thompsonjon89
Miembro

A ticket or conversation will be marked as Closed and a few days later the Contact might respond back to the email. The existing Conversation is reopened but the ticket status remains in the previous status. 

Most of our workflows move through tickets. If the status moves back to "New" or something.. this will allow us to re-assign or just be aware that there might be an outstanding issue. 

allanct
Miembro

Is this still really only a pro feature? It should be a basic starter feature. 

Userland
Miembro

This is such an essential feature, that without it makes Hubspot ticket system essentially unusable - unless you check each individual closed ticket for new customer activity, there is no quick way to know if a customer response has been made!

I can understand that you should pay for this feature, but having such a basic and essential feature on the highest tier when other tickets systems do it for a fraction of the price means that I can't commit to Hubspot at this point.

x13
Miembro

HubSpot is useles without this feature.

So, actually HubSpot has no free, usable ticketing system.

One has to pay to get a usable system.

ssdc
Miembro

I agree with Userland's statement 100% - I am happy to pay for this feature, but having it at the highest tier makes it unattainable for me, so I must look elsewhere for a working ticketing system. I can't use hubspot effectively without this feature.

booksin
Miembro

Wow, just found this out. Just moved our ticketing system from Zoho to Hubspot, but apparently that was a bad idea. The experience has been interesting, but now discovering responses of customers in closed status... That's a big bummer.

Will probably move back to Zoho. I just realized they must also have a form, which was a reason for me to move to Hubspot. Bit of a waste of time here... Will try to have a workaround, but the relation between inbox and ticketing is a bit confusing, with this responsed to closed tickets that stay closed.

AnnaScotland
Colaborador

The highest tier doesn't resolve the issue though - we are paying but have the same problem - customer responses ending up in closed status which is not helpful at all. Used to be on Zendesk and now concerned we need to return to a proper ticketing system like theirs where we never missed a single response. Hubspot come on, we love all the other bits of your system.

AnnaScotland
Colaborador

And because the conversations inbox doesn't update when you answer a ticket then that inbox ends up in a massive mess in no time at all. I would welcome a call from Hubspot to discuss how we build a work around.

Userland
Miembro

@AnnaScotland its not a feature on the free version or the lowest version of the paid version, but it does exist. 

See attached, you go to Settings > Tickets >> Automation, and you can activate the automatic change in ticket status, that makes everything work

Its just a shame that it is not on the lowest tier of paid, as without it, the ticket system is practically useless. 

See screenshothubspot.jpg

rolandleonardo
Miembro

I have Hubspot Starter and for me it's working?