HubSpot Ideas

Rangrachel

Automatically populate the content of imported documents into Knowledge Base articles

Posting this on behalf of my customer! 

I understand that HubSpot currently import articles hosted on other knowledge base sites. However, my customer has existing PDF files which they would want to import to HubSpot Knowledge Base. It is not time-efficient because they would have to open every file and proceed to retype/copy&paste the content of each file onto each article created on the knowledge base. 

It would be great if there was an integration for the customers to bulk upload word documents/pdfs all at once > populate all those files as articles on knowledge base automatically! It would be great to share any workarounds that you may have as well! 

7 Replies
fenris

Hi,

Thanks for posting this idea on behalf.

Just wanna to add, if possible not only can import pdf / word file but can upload in excel / csv format. Prior to uploading with excel/csv format, HS may provide us the template with the right column header.

Looking forward to see this feature/idea become reality soon !

afmarketing

I asked our representative about this the other day! It would be nice to have the option to upload a PDF for users to download. But now thinking about it a little bit more, I would be apt to insert a link into the knowledge base article to view the PDF. But, the problem with that is that it will then lead the user out of the knowledge base and into a different window. Agreed that there should be some sort of solution here considering that a lot of marketing stems from PDFs, Ebooks etc. that can also be used as a resource for a knowledge base.

scoggins
Participant

I am in agreement with @fenris   I too need a csv or xml import method!  

Please let us know if this is available.

srwillis

I also have this problem and would like to find a way to import documents into the Knowledgebase. Even if the solution only worked in 50% of cases, there would still be a huge amount of manual work saved. 

I would like to know if a solution becomes available.

Rgonzalez1
Contributor | Diamond Partner

Hello... my customer has all their docs in Google Docs and wanted a way to import these. For our company knowledgebase, same problem, they are all in google docs. It would be great to be able to suck in google docs. 

rwong
HubSpot Employee

Hey team, upvoting this on behalf of a customer! Use case: they're currently using HelpDocs, which isn't one of the supported platforms for the Smart Import KB feature. 

It would be great if we could support a wider range of import file formats (apart from the current CSV) so that customers can bring over their KB articles more easily from other platforms.

JOrlando1

It would be great to be able to import word docs from my local machine or SharePoint. We have all our articles saved as word docs. When I try to Copy/paste the content from the word doc into the newly created article in HubSpot, the content does not come over properly.