HubSpot Ideas

k8isgreat

Automatically associate contact/company records with Deals

I was under the impression that when a Deal is attached to a Company, the contacts would automatically be pulled into the "Contacts" box.

I would love the contacts to automatically be added when a company is attached to a deal so that

1. It saves me time

but 2. When making calls, I know exactly which people are affiliated with deals from their companies so I don't call them by accident.

98 Replies
HWerntz
Participant

How is this not a function yet?

CBuckingham

We've just found the same issue with our deals. It would be good if there was an automated solution. 

OCrellin

More than 3 years and Hubspot still haven't acted on this.... Please!

Thibtech

+1 on this one, it's been 6y since the idea was originally submitted. Either tell us it's not on the roadmap yet, or ship it. 🙂

BNicol

I assumed that it was just me being unable to figure this out but was surprised that this remains outstanding after 6 years. Hopefully HubSpot will provide a solution. 

CBN
Top Contributor

Yes we really need this option so contacts and deals are easiliy associated.

I wonder what on Earth again makes HubSpot spend 6+ years on someting that is so basic?

DavidGall

THIS FEATURE WOULD BE VERY USEFUL! 🙂

ecowoodrings
Participant

Please can you do this automate....cant quite believe that there isn't a way around a workflow neither a setting! and we have to do it automatically.

ZsLaszlo

This is really needed, also it would eliminate human error when it's easier to associate based on an email adddress for example. It would also be great if you can create a new sets of Criteria which is capable comparing different properties. For example> "If Deal email address matching Contact email address Then..." 

CEnnis

Crazy that this basic functionality doesn't exist and the workarounds are so onerous. If you can associate a company to a contact via their domain, surely if a primary contact is associated with a deal in Hubspot, their company can also be appended to the deal? Five years on from this thread's creation, still no simple solution.  

ZsLaszlo

I agree! How come that such an obviously important task can be pending for so long? It should have been part of the original settings from the very beginning. Please make it happen asap.

JoeCoughlin
Participant

I am shocked that this is not already a feature! As a B2B marketer, I would love to be able to easily show my executive and sales teams new company value over time from the campaigns that I'm creating. Especially ones that are tapping into new markets. It would really help justify advertising costs and show ROI.

Romankoko
Participant

the reason this probably hasn't rolled out in Hubspot  in all these years is because a Hubspot partner has a paid app that does object associations. why would hubspot kill a money maker for a business? especially one of it's platinum partners - duh!

Suzanne33
Participant

Since we began using HubSpot back in 2019, we've created Deals solely based on Company, but I've recently asked our sales team to associate their main POC to the Deal as well. However, it's not happening as consistently as I'd like. Not to mention, @k8isgreat mentioned that adding all contacts that are associated to the particular Company the Deal is tied to would prevent our sales team from callling contacts from a company in which a Deal is already created. We've somewhat used a workaround in "Lead Status" where "If Deal is Open, change Lead Status to 'Deal Created'" and then a second workflow where we "Copy Company Lead Status to Contact Lead Status", which works 99% of the time, but it would be great to just have all Contacts under a specific Company in which a Deal exists, associated to that deal. Hope that makes sense! I'm on my first cup of coffee right now 😉 

MyronQ
HubSpot Employee

upvoting on behalf of a customer as this would be a very beneficial feature

CBN
Top Contributor

This is one of the examples of where HubSpot **bleep**. A basic thing that is required to minimize risk of manual errors, simplify workflows and increase data quality in your leads and marketing funnels simply does not make it to the developers.

7 years?????

sselma

@hubspot It's time to act for a feature as logical as this... The subject was submitted in 2017!

shincapie

Hi Hubspot team 

I completely agree with the proposed implementation. Given that it's been six years since the initial reply, it's evident that this is a long-awaited and crucial step forward. Not only is it a time-saving measure, but it's also essential for the security of the process in each deal. If we already select the name of the person in the contact information, it must be automatically associated with the main company. Let's prioritize this implementation ASAP to ensure we address the issue effectively.

Looking forward to seeing this through