HubSpot Ideas

k8isgreat

Automatically associate contact/company records with Deals

I was under the impression that when a Deal is attached to a Company, the contacts would automatically be pulled into the "Contacts" box.

I would love the contacts to automatically be added when a company is attached to a deal so that

1. It saves me time

but 2. When making calls, I know exactly which people are affiliated with deals from their companies so I don't call them by accident.

98 Replies
Kristy1379

Another upvote

Hannass
Participant

Totally agree with Kevin 🙂
When assigning a contact to a deal, automatically assign the linked company would help our sales team save time.

HS420

Upvote x10

jaah
Participant | Platinum Partner

Hi Everyone,

To those of you using Zapier, i might have a solution for you. It is not perfect as it uses quite a lot of tasks but it might save some time for you. In Zapier, do the following:

1) Trigger: New deal property change (e.g. deal won or whatever you want to trigger this).

2) Action: Find association. The purpose of this step would be to find the company associated with the deal

3) Action: Find association. The purpose of this step would be to find the contacts associated with the company we just found. The output will be lineitems containg the contacts associated with the company.

4) Action: Formatter by zapier -> Utilities -> line items to text. This step will divide the contacts string into separate contact IDs

5) Action: Create associations in HubSpot. The purpose of this step is to associate the companys contacts with the deal.

Let me know if you try this out and encounter issues - i'd be happy to help out.

Kristy1379
I'd love some help setting this up. I'm playing around with it but
can't quite work out a few things -
EmOh

upvote!! We typically add deals to contacts, but we would want the deal to be automatically associated to the contact's associated company. This way if we look at the company as a whole, we can see all deals from all contacts at that company.

EBall1

Upvote, I spend ages manually associating deals to companies. It should be automated in the same way it associates deals to contacts. 

NMecham

I largely agree with this.  I would at least wish for a drop down list which only showed a list of contacts within that company.  No need for some contacts within a company to recieve a quote for instance if irrelavant to them, so some manual oversight is still needed.  It will also need to have an 'alternate option' if for whatever reason you wished to attach a contact not already associated with a company (i however see this being a rarity). 

DWarren7

This is just crazy that you can't do this...... how am I supposed to give reps a list of contacts that they can reach out to, they might be customers, partners, investors or already talking to another rep on a deal....

all i need is to be able to identify if a contact is part of an org that is in an active or closed won/lost deal.... the domains alone should allow you to do this 

AGGGGHHHHHHH 

MHusøy

Any news??

aaron12
Participant

Going on 5 years on this issue and still no resolution ?   

RKumar14

Hey Folks, please solve this. Those who have sales + marketing CRM face this problem a lot. It could be the reason for account to churn

Orli123abr

I don't get how this hasn't yet been developed.

I literally have to go into each deal and manually update the company even when there is a contact associated to the deal with a company domain email attached.
This is so manual and time consuming.

Hubspot, please consider developing this feature.

Thanks,

Orli

csconnor
Participant

We are going in and manually adding the contact's corresponding company in the Deals page. It's ridiculous. The data is right there -- just not connected by HS. If another CRM had this feature active, for B2B? I'd be moving for sure. 

SunHigh

It'd be great to get some community moderation in here. With all the new associations options, I can't see why this isn't being offered.

NicoleJ
HubSpot Moderator

+1

IVierbergen

Here's an idea. How about: Link contacts to deal automatically.
This is not yet possible (unfortunately). As team sales we would love this. 

kelseyhamon
Participant

This is especially important for attribution reporting. The contacts reps attach to the deal may not be the only ones who influenced it. We'd like to automate adding ALL contacts to a deal once company is associated. This way, attribution reporting on deal create and revenue will include activity from all contacts at that company. 

NJay1

The ability to auto-link a deal with companies would be a significant enhancement.

TTamme
Participant

Upvote... I can name six companies, that face this issue.