Automatically associate contact/company records with Deals

I was under the impression that when a Deal is attached to a Company, the contacts would automatically be pulled into the "Contacts" box.

I would love the contacts to automatically be added when a company is attached to a deal so that

1. It saves me time

but 2. When making calls, I know exactly which people are affiliated with deals from their companies so I don't call them by accident.

HubSpot updates
16 Replies
timfresen
Regular Contributor

Upvote here!

jpapka
New Contributor

I definitely agree with this. If at minimum, it would be nice to have the ability within my workflow to add a contact to an existing deal.

Herschel
Regular Contributor

I agree that Hubspot should expand the ability to associate contacts with deals, but such a feature would need to be flexible to accomodate different users processes.

In many cases we have many multiple contacts associated with a company but only a particular contact will be relevant to a certain deal, so I would not want Hubspot to automatically associate all of a company's contacts with every deal associated with that company in ervery cases. I would however like to see any deal created and associated with a contact automatically associate also with that contact's company, but by the same token could understand if other users would not like this automation every time.

I think one way that Hubspot could easily improve the contact/deal association process would be to at list all the associated contacts in the Associate Contacts screen for deals already associated with a company so that you could more easily find the appropriate contact to associate.

Here is an idea post for that feature: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Pre-populate-Associate-Contacts-Screen-for-Deals-Tick...

Hannah-par8o
Occasional Contributor

Upvote!

abreton
New Contributor

This would be so helpful!

A real time saver, Thanks!

nateangell
New Contributor

At the very least, there should be a workflow capability that enables one to add a contact to a deal.