HubSpot Ideas

k8isgreat

Automatically associate contact/company records with Deals

I was under the impression that when a Deal is attached to a Company, the contacts would automatically be pulled into the "Contacts" box.

I would love the contacts to automatically be added when a company is attached to a deal so that

1. It saves me time

but 2. When making calls, I know exactly which people are affiliated with deals from their companies so I don't call them by accident.

98 Replies
paulaburza

How has this still not been automated.???

CophieSollins
Participant

Yes please make this possible! Or at the very least make it possible to assisosate a set contact with a company via workflow. This is very fustrating! 

amccarthy5892
Participant

YESSSSSSSS, I've been trying to find a workaround for this on and off for weeks now.

Please give us more flexibility in general with workflows so that we're able to associate the deals automatically and please update all of us when a feature that accomplishes the main post happens.

Thank you!

nateangell
Contributor

I forgot I already commented on this thread, but this is absolutely essential. When a new contact is created for a company that already has a deal, I want that new contact to be associated with both the company AND the deal. Ideally there would be a workflow action that enables me to associate a contact with any deals related to their related company.

staceybaer

Is there still no automated solution of tying already associated contacts/companies to deals??

d_greenhalgh
Participant

This would be great!

dylanfried

Upvote

kevin_oboyle

additionally, the ABM Target Accounts reporting doesn't work as well if the Deal isn't assigned to a company.  It's more intuitive to think that once you assign a contact to a deal, the company would just auto-assign.

nateangell
Contributor

We really need to automatically associate new contacts with deals that are related to the company their email domain matches.

SunnyW7

Please make it happen!!

csconnor
Participant

Yes! We would love more connection between contacts, companies and deals. 

We use hubspot to keep track of companies that buy from us -- often, they have multiple buyers, with multiple emails. So, when a deal is closed, we have to go in and manually add the company to it...so that we can see the total revenue generated from the company (not just the contact). Sometimes, we are closing many deals a day, and the manual solution is very time consuming.  We'd love it if the deals stream pulled in any company info associated with the contact - and automatically added the revenue from all a company's contacts to an overarching revenue total.

jphilbrook
Contributor | Partner

Has anyone figured out a solution to this? Is there a Workflow to associate all the company contacts with a deal? It is very tedious to manually tackle it. 😞 

camilotho

We need this function with very high priority. We expect this idea come to reality soon.

We have about 40 sales reps. Making 1500-2000 contacts and 300-500 deals monthly.

asociate this conctacts to deals manually is a lot of wasting time for comercial team and the worst is that 60-80% of cases they forget do this step. It's a big headache.

EJacobsen
Participant

Upvote!

Been years and still nothing on this front. Seems like this should be easy to implement.

ktfritchen
Contributor

Yes, please!!

I recognize that this could get complicated for Enterprise level sales, but in my case all our contacts, companies, and deals should all be associated with each other. The option to be able to toggle this on (similar to automatically associating contacts to companies) or be able to set up a workflow would be huge.

RThomas6
Participant

I love HubSpot but its astonishing that there isn't an easy fix for this.  Or at least some kind of hack to fix this without doing it manually. 

We like to monitor sales activities per deal.  Just to give us an idea of how many calls, meetings and emails it takes to close a deal. I want the entire history of the calls, emails and meetings for every contact, company and deal to be synced every time 100% of the time.  We spend too much time cleaning this up.

SJohnson7

Upvote on this.

timothy-h

Just adding my name to the chorus of people asking for this feature. For a company built on smart automation, being able to automatically associate a company with a deal seems like an easy win. 

djc225

this seems crazy that companies and contacts dont have a more direct link.  

tkuhle19

Upvote to this! Would be incredibly helpful.