HubSpot Ideas

k8isgreat

Automatically associate contact/company records with Deals

I was under the impression that when a Deal is attached to a Company, the contacts would automatically be pulled into the "Contacts" box.

I would love the contacts to automatically be added when a company is attached to a deal so that

1. It saves me time

but 2. When making calls, I know exactly which people are affiliated with deals from their companies so I don't call them by accident.

98 Kommentare
Lydtuck
Mitglied

I second this - I was told by our sales rep Jake that you would be able to have all the contacts attach to a company automatically. Is this not the case?

kevin_oboyle
Mitglied

My idea is related but slightly different.  In my case, if I assign a contact to a deal - I would automatically want that contact’s associated company automatically assigned to the deal.  I’m surprised this isn’t automated.  It would be a great feature to add and would remove an involved step from each deal creation.

akille
Teilnehmer/-in

Yes, this would be very helpful. Our integration with Shopify creates deals associated with contacts - but then we need to automate the association of those deals with the companies already associated with the contacts. So, when we use the company records we can see all of the related deals.

jdgray
Teilnehmer/-in

Agreed.  The process is far too manual now.

Francis_ZIVVER
Teilnehmer/-in

Was looking for this feature as well. The Hubspot support expert recommended imports. But that's also fat to manual. I really don't understand why the HS team hasn't picked this up yet. You have already all the information in the CRM to do this...

Just to underline the importance of this: Leadscoring is not efficient now because it generates a lists of contacts of whom you do not know for sure that their associated company has already a deal. Therefor Marketing can transfer leads to a Sales Rep whereas there is already a deal going on. 

Now the only way to tackle this is to associate all the contacts when a sales rep makes a new deal. This is not really bug proof:

a. A Sales rep usually just connects the contacts to the deal he is in contact with. Although even sometimes people forget that and just connects the company to the deal.

b. A contact can be new in the CRM when the deal already exists and is therefore not connected.

Seems weird that this is not a feature because the company already has al the associated contacts. So when you connect the company to a deal, why doesn't hubspot connect the deal also automatically with the corresponding contacts of the associated company?

Hubspot, can you say when you put this on the roadmap since this is an issue reported already in 2017?

Excel
Mitglied

I have spent two full days messing around with figuring why my analytics are not accurate to the work I have done in my Deals as compared to my work with my Contacts and Companies. It appears to me that Hubspot has attempted to put an add-on in the system to try to fix a fairly major problem: The Check-box under the Contact: create Deal: Associate  Deal With; checkbox. I already have 156 Deals in my system that I have already gone (on my days off) through to try to match to my Contacts and Companies. The analytics are still not synced right. 

Development team. 

Can you fix this issue? This should be an automatic function of your program. All of the prior work I have completed for almost a full year needs to show when I convert a Contact or Company into a Deal. 

Your help is much appreciated! 

Jmc123
Teilnehmer/-in | Partner

This would be very useful for us.

NellekeEngels
Mitglied

Agreed, this would be extreemly helpful. At this moment there's a lot of manual intervention needed. 

AstridvanDam
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

Adding contacts to deals automatically would be very useful for us as well. 

user9274004
Teilnehmer/-in

Please make this feature. There is too much manual work right now.

timfresen
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

Upvote here!

jpapka
Mitglied

I definitely agree with this. If at minimum, it would be nice to have the ability within my workflow to add a contact to an existing deal.

Herschel
Stratege/Strategin

I agree that Hubspot should expand the ability to associate contacts with deals, but such a feature would need to be flexible to accomodate different users processes.

In many cases we have many multiple contacts associated with a company but only a particular contact will be relevant to a certain deal, so I would not want Hubspot to automatically associate all of a company's contacts with every deal associated with that company in ervery cases. I would however like to see any deal created and associated with a contact automatically associate also with that contact's company, but by the same token could understand if other users would not like this automation every time.

I think one way that Hubspot could easily improve the contact/deal association process would be to at list all the associated contacts in the Associate Contacts screen for deals already associated with a company so that you could more easily find the appropriate contact to associate.

Here is an idea post for that feature: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Pre-populate-Associate-Contacts-Screen-for-Deals-Tick...

Hannah-par8o
Teilnehmer/-in

Upvote!

abreton
Mitglied

This would be so helpful!

A real time saver, Thanks!

nateangell
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

At the very least, there should be a workflow capability that enables one to add a contact to a deal.

KingstonPublift
Mitglied

Agreed, Because we are a smaller niche tech business and generally deal with the same people in niche departments within our client's businesses, we typically have the same contacts. So it would be very useful to have the option to set this up for contacts/deals within Hubspot - or have the option.

smccorry
Mitglied

I agree and just called support about this myself. This seems like it would be a given and is painful to have to remember, and also train people to do. At least give us the option to automatically associate all company contacts with deals and for those circumstances where it is not needed, we can uncheck that box. 

Jonte-Marshall
Teilnehmer/-in

I agree, this would save a great amount of time when working at scale. Or at the least when adding a company to a deal, being given the choice to also add all that companies contacts.

jlyman
Teilnehmer/-in

Do what you do best HubSpot... automate that $h!t 🙂