HubSpot Ideas

Stevie

Automatically associate Contacts with Companies based on Company Name property

Currently, HubSpot will only automatically associate a Contact with a Company if the Contact's email sending domain matches the Company Domain Name of a Company record. If a Contact is using an email address that was not supplied by their company, it would be great if the software could instead match it to a Company record via the Contact's Company Name property. 

Actualizaciones de HubSpot
Estado actualizado a: Not Currently Planned
May 21, 2020 11:47 AM

Estado actualizado a: Idea Submitted
May 21, 2020 11:46 AM

Hello HubSpot Community, 

Thank you as always for your continued feedback, it helps us build a great product.

We are constantly evaluating and re-evaluating our priorities and roadmap to deliver as much value to our customers as possible. At this time, this is not something our team is currently planning to build natively into HubSpot. This is certainly subject to change in the future and we will update this idea if that becomes the case.

From my point of view, I actually hope and believe this idea is solved with the same core technology as this other popular post!

35 Comentarios
Marie-Michelle
Participante

+1 
I need it too.

lukeahn
Miembro

Wow, I can't believe this is not supported...

Nbrooks101
Miembro

Agreed, CANNOT BELIEVE this hasn't been addressed yet. It makes our data fairly unusable when we can't properly format it for targeting. 

PeterMorgan
Miembro

Please can you do this - trying to move 10 000 emails from a competitor CRM and a lot of our clients have personal emails. Makes us not want to move from Copper to Hubspot. And the really silly thing is you can individually connect a contact to a company which means it doesn't have to link to the URL. 

bchapman
Participante

+1 the need for a workflow to assign contacts to a company - cannot believe we have no way to do this. We need this functionality badly.

danieldirks
Participante

Yes, please! Must have!

enorberg
Colaborador

I'm not saying this is an acceptable solution, and it definitely needs automated, but, you can do this yourself, by exporting all your "stray" contacts and a complete list of companies. The contact list should include Contact ID and Company Name, whereas the company list should include the Company ID and Name. Match them in Excel using the "Name" / "Company Name" fields as the unique identifier, and reupload them into Hubspot in a doc containing both the Company ID and Contact ID on the same row. Hubspot will associate the contacts to the companies during the upload.

Time consuming, yes, but if you do this once a month or once a quarter, it'll keep your portal from growing arms and legs.

Estado actualizado a: Idea Submitted
Dylan
Equipo de producto de HubSpot

Hello HubSpot Community, 

Thank you as always for your continued feedback, it helps us build a great product.

We are constantly evaluating and re-evaluating our priorities and roadmap to deliver as much value to our customers as possible. At this time, this is not something our team is currently planning to build natively into HubSpot. This is certainly subject to change in the future and we will update this idea if that becomes the case.

From my point of view, I actually hope and believe this idea is solved with the same core technology as this other popular post!

Estado actualizado a: Not Currently Planned
Dylan
Equipo de producto de HubSpot

paytek_haley
Participante

I can understand not automatically associating by name, as some companies have the same name - ex: Donair Town in Richmond and Donair Town in Surrey, which are two different companies, different owners, different legal businesses - same operating name.

However, other unique identifiers should allow you to automatically associate records, ex: phone number, an internal company identifier (merchant number), or email (even without a unique domain, as many small businesses don't have their own email domain).

You should also be able to associate deals / companies / contacts by a workflow in the same way.

Makes data management SO much simpler, and takes away the responsibility from busy sales people to do these associations themselves.

kriz512
Miembro

Looking at the history of this thread, I actually can't believe this still hasn't been added to the product roadmap!

When creating new contacts manually, users should be able to select the associated company from a dropdown instead of relying on either a workflow to copy company information to the contact record, or the email and domain (which often aren't always available). Neither are long-term solutions to a very common problem.

AlexAtLearnLux
Miembro

I'm surprised this functionality isn't available. Seems incredibly redamentary for software claiming to be a CRM. 

MikLang
Miembro

Please, this is vital for the accuracy of information

Forux
Participante

It is a must to have basic functionality that is missed.

HRichards6
Miembro

That's a nice idea. I would love to have it for my site as well.