HubSpot Ideas

AndyPitre

Automatically Log Outgoing AND Incoming Email with IMAP/SMTP Support

Please add the ability to automatically connect an inbox to the CRM. In other platforms it requires IMAP/SMTP/Inbox credentials to do so. While it would give the platform access to all email, the benefits are tremendous.

First, it automates logging of email by not only matching up against contacts you send email, but also contacts you RECEIVE email from. Every element of correspondence is recorded automatically so there is no possible point of failure.

The second incredibly useful byproduct of this feature is perfectly threaded email in the contact/company view. Viewing one side of the conversation and relying on quoted text is not only difficult but it's nearly impossible to easily track who you're waiting on for followup. For example, I can search our current CRM for all leads that I've sent an email to but haven't received a response. Combined with everything else you have in the CRM, that functionality would make you untouchable as a sales platform. Not to mention creating the ability for an org like ours to stand up the CRM in a day and continue from where we left off with our previous CRM.

Lastly, this functionality allows a new user to have a fully populated CRM to start, as you can (at an administrative level if you wanted) retroactively go through the inbox and find all email associated with those contacts. The very real problem of starting fresh and losing all previous relationship information and correspondence is devastating.

Perhaps opening the API to allow for adding activity would be good enough in the interim, right now there's no way to log activity via API for a contact.

14 Comentários
Status atualizado para: In Planning
AndyPitre
Equipe de Produto da HubSpot

We plan to allow customers to pull in emails and contacts from Gmail and Outlook without having to check the "log in CRM" button. We are in the early stages of working on this functionality. 

We are also in the early planning stages of allowing customers to connect to any email system that supports IMAP.

kbeaver
Membro
We had to switch over to Pipedrive exactly because of this missing feature. We have a team full of iPhone users that can't live without the default mail app. The inability to just pull in every back and forth from a specific address or domain is killer! 
MrL
Membro

This thread was exactly what I am looking for. I was wondering as well if I can sync secure IMAP accounts from 3rd party mail servers (like SurgeMail) to Mail Sync. We are not using any of your listed products:

MailChimp
Campaign Monitor
AWeber
Constant Contact
GetResponse
So, it would be great if you could reply to this post when you release such feature update. Thank you!

MrL
idavis84
Participante

Logging of all inbound emails is incredibly useful and important.  We are currently using Cirrus Insight to log all inbound and outbound communication into Salesforce, and it works like a charm.  It would be great if HS could prioritize this function, as it is a major road block for my company fully transitioning from Salesforce to Hubspot Sales.  

On a separate note, Cirrus Insight also allows both events and tasks to be integrated with your Google Calendar, so all of your daily responsibilities can be found in one place.  Very useful when using the meeting tool so clients can't book time when you have a task scheduled.  

bl
Membro

Can you provide (at least a rough) estimate when this functionality will be available? It is a killer criteria for us as we just notice that we cannot work properly without such possibility, so we are now thinking about moving to salesforce IQ or pipedrive if we had to wait to long... We have too many team discussions and frustrations because of that lack of functionality in Hubspot CRM. Why? manually fowarding new incoming emails is annoying extra work+OFTEN forgotten (besides that, we are mostly Apple mail users...).

Lyonheart
Membro

I am hoping that folks on this thread can help me out. We use "traditional on prem" Exchange versus O365. How can I email through the CRM portal as opposed to using the SideKick extension within Outlook. This is driving me insane! Thanks.

JesseW
Membro

Great that this is planned. Also curious to hear in what stage this feature is? If you're looking for beta testers, sign us up.

wijnand
Membro

Hi there,

Just switched to HubSpot CRM after trying SalesforceIQ and there's a lot I like, but what I really miss is that it doesn't retroactively link emails and meetings that I have in my G Suite mail and calendar. Just as many other users, I consider this a must-have and huge time saver to auto-populate the CRM right from the start.

Also mentioned over here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Gmail-Sales-Extension/How-to-import-history-emails-from-gmail/td-p/...

When do you expect to be able to do this? I'm sure all your new and existing customer will be extremely happy with this feature. Thanks!

LukasB
Membro

I just found this thread and am disappointed that this functionality does not seem to be integrated yet. Is there an update on when it will be possible to auto-log?

MatthewMorrow
Participante

We were previsouly with SalesforceIQ because this feature was missing from HubSpot.  Then with recent EU legislation we had to move from SFIQ and went with HS.  I prefer the system and there are so many benefits but the lack of true email syncing is terrible.  I really hope they make this a native feature asap.  In the meantime I have started using Dossier it works quite well but it logs emails rather than creating an 'email' entry so it skews stats and also doesn't allow replies or the ability to view opens/clicks etc.

I'd be interested to hear what you think of it?

Also would love to hear when HS decide to launch this feature natively - seems such an obvious requirement and likely a simple 'fix'.

Status atualizado para: Delivered
mschnitt
Equipe de Produto da HubSpot

Our integration with IMAP/SMTP is live!

LukasB
Membro

That is great! Where can I find more information? How does it work?

ThreadsHelp2018
Top colaborador(a)

Hi,

We already have an automated solution that can help you with this that integrates with Hubspot. Feel free to drop me a line at threads@jpy.com

jheintz
Participante

PLEASE enable loading older or recieved emails as a native feature!!!!

Not having this means:

• migrating from another CRM loses history (barrier to entry)
  • new leads via email are harder to find (we don't want friction here!)
  • forwarded emails are unreadible and require expanding before we can understand

Saleforce automatically syncs, even CapsuleCRM let's you click and store an email so it looks natural in CRM.