HubSpot Ideas

Lu2Swag

Automatically Close an Email in the Conversations Inbox when a Ticket is Created.

Our Customer Service Team uses a Shared Conversations Inbox.... They create tickets from emails and close out the emails in the inbox once a ticket is created - the inbox then reflects only 'unworked' emails.

When using the conversations Inbox it would be great if an email automatically closes (removed from the inbox) when a ticket is created.... 

I know it is currently only one click to manually close off an email but it would ensure that every email that has a ticket logged against it would no longer be in the Conversations Inbox... saving the team time in trawling emails that actually already have a ticket logged against it and don't need repeated viewing in the shared inbox.

Actualizaciones de HubSpot
Estado actualizado a: In Planning
May 26, 2020 07:11 AM

Hi everyone, 

I’m Vijay, the Product Manager for HubSpot’s Conversations Inbox tool. Thank you for taking the time to submit and upvote this idea. We understand that there is confusion around tickets and conversations, especially around their relationship. We have multiple projects that are currently underway to address the issues that are highlighted here. I will keep you posted on the progress we make on this thread.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. 

Regards,

Vijay Vadlamani

39 Comentarios
LMorand
Miembro

yes we need it! thanks for the development

inigolekunberri
Participante | Partner nivel Diamond

+1

percy
Participante

+1 

Is there already a time estimate here when there is a beta version of this feature? 

Rianne
Miembro

We have inboxes that receive a lot of messages unrelevant to the inbox due to emails being sent to all addresses with the company extension. It would be great if we could create a workflow that automatically closes or deletes emails based on the sender or on the subject line. 

miten
Miembro

i wonder if there is a solution coming soon since this thread is already open for 2,5 years. trying to replace zendesk with hubspot service right now, and constantly struggling. feels like there are quite some construction sites. would be great to get an update and a rough timeline for what is planned there.

KiG
Miembro

We Are New to hubspot and were kind of happy until we learned that the sync between conversion inbox and tidketing system is far from ideal. In addition we Did find tickets do not show all form fields unless field is of type ticket meaning tickets miss valuable informwtion.

Please fix  the basics.

ShaharF
Miembro

Why is there no response back from Hubspot about a topic that is open for >2.5 years and has obviously been requested by so many of your paying clients? 

JLuberger
Miembro

I feel like this is the correct thread to address my concerns.  Due to the disconnect between the Inbox and Ticketing (and being new to HubSpot) we found  numerous unanswered emails.  I attempted to set up a workflow to assign new conversations to to the ticket owner and guess what!  I am unable to access any of the attributes in Conversations!  This is certainly less than desirable. 

Currently is creating duplicate work, as we have to go into the Inbox and assign the conversation after assigning the Ticket.

Please iniate a fix or workaround soon!

KiG
Miembro

We have postsponed moving from jira service desk to hubspot until this is improved including the need for more specific filters on inbox than What is available today. We bought hubspot due to service tickets but find it pretty unmature and far from expected

LThompson6
Miembro

Disappointed to see this has still not been implimented... A pretty simple request given flows is one of the "flagship" hubspot so-called features...

DWilsonBE
Miembro

This is such a huge pain point.  On those shared inboxes that have auto ticket enabled - seems like tickets should be created only for messages that pass a filter and then the source conversation should be closed.  Or a brute force approach - if auto ticket is enabled, disable the inbox and push all messages into tickets.

KiG
Miembro
This is noe of main reasons we still stay with jira even though we pay for hubspot service part. MUST be fixed

##- Please type your reply above this line -#
LPedahzur
Colaborador

+1 - wonder when this goes live

AVChrista
Colaborador | Partner nivel Elite

+1
It would be super helpful to be able to close out conversations, especially after a ticket is associated.

K_Xavier
Participante

@vvadlamanimay we please get an update on this? The inbox's lack of proper functionalities and configuration options is causing many problems and double handling to a lot of companies.

It's been years on the make now. 

HelenHachtel
Miembro

Adding to this. We have internal bugs and external bugs that go through our ticketing system, and I would LOVE to be able to automate closing the conversations for the ones that are internal. 

DMikheev
Miembro

+

Actually I don't mind if a Conversation is still there when a Ticket created - but it would be great of a corresponding Conversation was closed whenever the Ticket was closed. THAT is frustrating. Why would I want to keep a Conversation if I closed the corresponding Ticket?..

AGlockner1
Miembro

Does anyone have a solve for when you send out an email and it goes right into the conversations in box (xopy of that email). My team spends way to much time closing these emails. 

Sokre
Miembro | Partner nivel Diamond

+1