HubSpot Ideas

basil

Automatically Assign Conversations to Custom Hubspot Owner, based on availability

Right now we can automatically assign incomign email conversations to

• Contact owner
  • a specific team or list of users

In our company, the contact owners are from the sales team. So we have a custom owner property for the support contact owner. However, we cannot select that option.

Screenshot 2019-08-25 at 15.54.06.png

Additionally, we would need a check that only makes an automated assignment, if the person is set to available and a fall back rule, that if the person is set to away mode, distributes the incoming message to the available agents.

Right now, we have every day an agent assigned to manually assign all conversations. This is tedious and costs time.

27 Replies
mitch8

basil, great idea!

We also looked into this and were surprised this wasn't already included in HubSpot. There needs to be a way of setting a user to away (which they should be able to do from the app too) to account for sickness, holidays and when they are unavailable.

It also means having to alter Workflows when a user is away (lead rotation).

Hopefully this idea gets some more thumbs up!

CrunchedAdmin

Any ownership property should show in that dropdown. Especially now that Hubspot is getting into all aspects of operations including the service/ticketing side. Our Account Executives will remain the contact owner at all times but once closed, a Success Owner will get assigned. 

If a message comes in, the Success Owner should be assigned to the conversation. This seems like it should be a pretty simple update.

BigJosh

Yes, 

Please we need this. 

vhorsen
Participant

I also second this one and would even go a step further. It would be great if it could assign to the owner, and if no owner rotate between a list.

STC

Agree with this request - in Intercom you can set up rules so that inbox inquiries are routed correctly. For example we want to be able to route New Zealand customer inquiries to our NZ contact instead of manual assignment. 

cdewey22
HubSpot Product Team

We are considering this and will update in a few months. 

STC

Awesome, team!

richardtan
Participant | Platinum Partner

We have sales team in Singapore and Malaysia.

Even though we have different websites for these 2 countries, sometimes MY leads will still come in via the SG site.

Right now there is no way to set up routing rules based on contact property:

eg. if lead IP country is MY, assign to MY sales team

Now the only way is manually route this to our MY collaegues.

Hope this feature can be developed, it will really save time and solve for customers.

synapsemonica

Regardless of which user sends/receives an email from a new contact, it is being autoassigned to a member of our team (even if that member is not the initial point of contact).  I am having a hard time locating a way to change this.

For example, if I email a new lead, that "contact owner" for that new lead is being auto assigned to a teammate instead of to me.  Is there a simple fix to this?

Koen

In addition, it would also be very helpful to have team members input their work hours so that emails won't be auto assigned to them after work hours. As customer service we try to reply to emails within an hour. This is a lot harder when emails are assigned after a part-time employee's work hours.

AreebAhmad

This is an absolute must-have for us too. Being able to automatically assign incoming email conversations (and replies) only to available agents is a basic need. Why should emails be assigned to people who are away due to any reason (maybe they are on leave!)?

Please, please, please implement this!

The_Marketer

I would like to see this feature as well. I need to assign conversations to the contact owner set in a Hubspot Custom Owner field.

VickySilvestro
Participant

Yes. I also need to assign conversations to a rep base on an owner property

MCiszak

That would be super cool and make the whole functionality consistent if we have a similar functionality for incoming email conversations as we have for chat conversations right now - so they are assigned to team members that are on 'Available' status only.

Thanks!

cstruble
Participant

We currently have our chat flow set up to assign directly to a user but would like to see the ability to round-robin if the user the chat flow is assigning to is unavailable. I know there are auto messages that can display but these people are highly engaged and need to be routed to a live person who can engage with them. We need the ability to assign to other users/or round-robin if the "user" is unavailable. 

BLarsen

Any updates on this?  This would be incredibly helpful for our team as well.

ElinedV
Participant

We would like to assign an incoming message in the inbox to the company owner in case the contact owner is not know. 

Ellesyanna
Contributor | Diamond Partner

@cdewey22 Any updates on this? This would be extremely helpful - also, I'd love a functionality to be able to assign conversations based on e-mail body of that conversation. Some more flexibility here is really crucial.

JPak

@cdewey22 Are there any updates to this request? This is crucial for customers to get timely assitance from chat agents.

RCunico

@cdewey22  We have the same problem! We need to be able to route to customer service members of our team who are not the owner!