HubSpot Ideas

ellenrileywong

Automatic, constant refresh to Hubspot pages

Something that would be SUPER helpful is auto-refreshing any pages that you have open and are working within. Our company moves fast and if I am working on a customer situation and get distracted and move on to another customer, leaving the page open to remind me to come back and do something, someone else may have already reached out to our customer and I won't know until I refresh my page manually which I never do and wham, someone else has talked with them and I sent a 'stale' email. I also seem to lose information/notes when I don't refresh if I have left a screen open. 

10 Replies
Ben7
Contributor

Really suprised that this has not had more upvotes. It is very clunky having to manually refresh the page. 

exoboy
Participant

I also would love to have a way to tell HubSpot how often to push changes to my browser. Sounds like a pretty simple job for an AJAX request and comparing the timestamps of your page and the pageview in the system. If they don't match, tell the page to update!

It would also be REALLY helpful to be able to programmaticaly trigger a page refresh in workflows! So, for example, if I update a custom property value when the deal stage changes, I can also tell the page to now "refresh" to be able to see any new property changes.

wilbertwalrus

It should alert the user that the contents of the page has changed by another user or an integration, the can click OK to reload the page or CANCEL to refresh the page themselves manually later.

DocWatson
Participant

The views seem to auto-refesh on me when I don't want them to. If I'm working through a TAsk view to select some to mass edit the due date, tec. and I take too long, it refreshes and my carefully sselected recirds get vun-selected! Very annoyting. This should be an option, not auomatic. 

exoboy
Participant

Fair point  @DocWatson. The goal is to somehow alert users that changes have been made, so however that is accomplished would be great. An alert with a refresh/cancel would work for me.

Nahuel_Barbieri
Member | Diamond Partner

Our company would find this automatic reloading process in the background very useful without the need to refresh the page. At this moment we are testing the new functionalities of the UI extensions and when we send data through the API the changes are not instantly shown in the value of the modified property, be it a deal, a contact, etc.

Since they have enabled such cool features with UI extensions, it would be great if they could also enable this automatic update.

AlexNeuroNex

I like the banners I see on contact or deal pages, for example, saying something has changed while I was gone - prompting me to refresh. BUT... I came here to beg for an auto refresh or faster refresh of inboxes. A deleted email leaves a footprint and banners of this message doesn't match anymore, rather than just going away like it would in my Outlook or Gmail inboxes.

Sonik1st

Oh Yes ! That should be so fine ! Like in my case, I have a select dropdown that launches a workflow to calculate the price of the order I'm working on. I can see that the value has changed in the detail of the property that I want to display the new price (changed by my workflow). But the display in the vue has not been updated until I refresh all the page. 

razr

This feature is almost necessary at this point. Otherwise, HubSpot seems to punish quick and efficient workers. I constantly have to push F5 to refresh the status, or switch between the KanBan board and the row view to force a refresh. Upvoting this 1000 times as it would really help out with efficiency!

DStewart07

This idea/suggestion is going on 3 years old and just wondering what progress, if any, has taken place or what the future might hold? Our company utilizes many of the Hubs but my personal purview is predominantly that of the Service Hub and we have configured workflows/automation in the Tickets that in theory can be very advantageous if updates were dynamic and not manual/static. E.g. having Ticket cards that do no reflect the changes to a Ticket without refreshing or having to load the List view and then reload the Kanban board view to reflect said changes. This in addition to the fact that Tickets seem unable to capture the last Owner/user changes (e.g. adding a Note or sending an email) before changing the Ticket status in the Ticket screen or dragging Tickets between statuses in the Kanban board view -- what results is Tickets bouncing back from a desired/selected status into a prior status with no actual catalyst for doing so. Seems as though the system is unable to register the email/notes etc. as occurring before the status change possibly but regardless you have to imagine automatic/recurring server side refreshes would resolve so many inefficiencies.