HubSpot Ideas

JD1

Automatic calculation of TAX (VAT) when creating quotes

Currently, we have to manually calculate the TAX amount when creating a quote. 

Ideally, we would set the TAX % and have the system automatically calculate the value (in the same way you can with a formula withing MS Excel).

Benefits:

1) Saves time

2) Avoids mistakes.

48 Commentaires
CCIlumia
Membre

I think this is a must.

In order to improve this idea, every company can have a kind of VAT assigned (%).

If this improvement, the sales team can't make quotation for theyselve because can have a lot of mistakes.

Thanks

wooglin
Participant

Hi there @JD1 and @CCIlumia, we created a Hubspot integration that might solve your tax calculation issues. We built it to do quoting/invoicing and payments and are happy with the functionality. If you'd like to check us out, we have a no card required 2 week free trial.  I'd love to get your feedback.

This is the Hubspot integration page: https://www.hubspot.com/integrations/paycove

Here's our site: https://paycove.io/hubspot-invoicing-integration

Thanks and let me know if you have any questions!

jamiegiblett
Participant

Hi all,

I am putting my support forward for a % feature to be added to HubSpot.

We are based in Australia - the ability to add 10% GST to quotes is a must for us to use this feature. Manually adding a dollar amount adds extra work and opens up the opportunity for mistakes.

Thanks,

Jamie Giblett

Digistorm

JD1
Membre

Hi @wooglin@CCIlumia@jamiegiblett,

Yes this looks good.

However, I do feel having the TAX calculation should not based on paying for an integration, rather it should be a standard feature of the HubSpot platform. 

We're based in the UK and having the current 20% VAT added automatically to every quote. As Jamie says, doing this manually can and will at some point lead to mistakes.

Regards

James

karen
Contributeur | Partenaire solutions Platinum

My client set up a rebate campaign but then found it difficult to structure the rebate in the quote.

The functionality to have discounts as a percentage across the whole ticket or per individual item is not available.

You can not enter in negative amounts as a way of displaying the rebate either.

Jefta
Membre

I totally agree on this. 

Must be very easy to let the system calculate a % of tax.

I would very much like to add that we also need an auto calculate option on the discountcalculate discount on product.png

This would be great, but it would be even better if we could set a discount for every product-type on the company page so the calculation would be even more automated.

Right now, becouse of this issue we still need to create our quotes in our old system. We would be very happy to create our quotes within HubSpot.

Jefta
Membre
wooglin
Participant

I completely agree it should be a native integration, but it isn't. And Paycove does quite a bit more than just calculating VAT. It also automates the quoting and invoicing stages, simply by moving a deal through the pipeline. Customers receive invoices via email and can pay with the click of a button.

Andrew3
Contributeur

I agree to the ability to select TAX amounts based on:

1. ZIP/Postal Code
  2. Can be overridden by field related to the company or deal or quote

For those looking to achieve more functionality in terms of product discounts, please go over to the Product Price Discount idea to expand on it and upvote it.

ronn
Membre

Excellente idea. We need it too.

bcook
Participant

+1

I was surprised when I found out this didn't exist. Way too much room for error. 

Brycelbrewer
Participant

Upvote on this, we don't use the TAX/VAT portion very much but will use the discount on every quote as a percent.  

Maltonite
Membre

We definitely need this feature; doing manually is just asking for mistakes. 

Jimmy
Contributeur | Partenaire solutions Diamond

Hi everyone !

I think that this is a very important need and espacially in France (where I am).

My team built a chrome extension to generate VAT when you are on a quote. It is not the final answer BUT with that I don't have to calculate VAT (or we could extended it to a discount).

As we are still in "work in progress" we are looking for feedback, so if you want to try it for free let me know !

How it works ?

> For now it is just a button where you click and it calculate and copy in your buffer the VAT. You just have to add a VAT line and paste the value. You can define 2 differents kind of VAT but it is easy to add more if needed.

Let us know !

khelal
Membre

How is this not yet a feature????

Sarrafian
Membre

Hi,

the calculation of VAT is a must have for any CRM System. We just started tu use HubSpot and we are facing so many porblems with not existing features. This is one of many crucial things which any paid CRM system should bring out of the Box. We are disappointed to see in this point that HubSpot is not a mature product. Anyway hopefully the development team will fix this missing features very quickly.

Thank you very much in advance for your efforts and support.

Arne
Contributeur de premier rang
A sales tax (eg VAT) is in all countries and for all products a percentage of the price of goods or services one sells. A percentage field is needed here since it is more accurate/reliable and having sales staff calculate the amounts (€/$£¥) costs unnecessary amounts of time.

Another thing is the discount option at the end of the quote.

Please offer both options, i.e. amount and as a second option a percentage. Same as it’s offered on line item level.

Also, such a discount should be before the tax calculation takes place.

Price, net
-discount, net (amount/%)
———————-
Total excl. VAT/any applicable taxes
Tax (e.g. VAT 19%)
———————-
Total incl. VAT/taxes

In B2B sales, everybody communicates in net amounts thus granting a discount is net, too. I wouldn’t want to have my sellers calculate the amount incl. tax to match the agreed net discount value.

Please implement this asap.
Matthew-ICBLUE
Participant

We need this feature as well to add VAT to our quotes.

apledcl
Membre

Definitely a MUST! we send between 5 and 10 quotations per day, it's a not big number, but with so much work to do, this feature could help a lot.

fk99
Membre

Absolutely necessary, I cannot undersand why this wasn't implented already