HubSpot Ideas

dsnyders

Automatic alert for birthdays

instead of having to create a workflow to remind you of a birthday, this should just be a standard option.

1. have birthday date (excluding or including year of birth) as a default property

2. reminders should be automated and be able to be set for on the day, day before, week before etc.

6 Replies
JenBergren
Guide

Good idea! I did have to create birthday and work anniversary workflows with tasks for social media creation and gift sending and Slack celebrations, along with the properties for the dates themselves. Having at least some of those items set up, especially through an integration with an HR system like Gusto which contains those dates, would be helpful!

DGoncalves

@JenBergren can you explain or show the steps on how you made the workflow create the task based on the birthdate. Does the task pop up the day of the birthdate or the day before?

JenBergren
Guide

Hi @DGoncalves I have most of the tasks set for 7 days before the birthdate since our gift is a physical gift to mail, and creating a social media graphic and scheduling the social post, since those all need a bit of time to do. Then there are reminders on the birthday itself for things such as posting in Slack to celebrate the birthday.

The steps were to

1. set up a contact date property for birthday
  2. fill it out with current team members' birthdays and when anyone new is onboarding. for privacy, you may want to give them all the same year like 2020. You'll
  3. Set the contact workflow trigger as a List of all team members (we had this List anyways in order for our team to access the knowledge base). Make sure to add new team members to it during onboarding and remove them when offboarding.
  4. Set an action to Specific a date and use the birthday property, recur annually
  5. Set a delay for x days before the birthday:
    Screen Shot 2022-07-05 at 7.28.56 PM.png
  6. Load up all the tasks and notifications after that, adding delays where you wish

I hope that helps!

FBekker

Hi @JenBergren ,

Would you mind sharing a screen shot of your trigger step?

Thanks,

Frank

JenBergren
Guide

@Hi @FBekker I believe the trigger is manual and there is a task in the new employee onboarding process to manually enroll the new employee.

LindiDoubell

Yes please!!!!!! Urgent!!