HubSpot Ideas

NilsK

Automatic adding of TAX (VAT) when creating quotes

We use a specific tax % on every quote so it should be possible to set a standard and e.g. add a 19% tax on every quote created automatically.

Benefits:

1. Saves times
  2. Avoid mistakes
HubSpotからのアップデート
August 30, 2022 12:08 PM

Hey folks - Ethan here, product manager for the Product Library. Apologies for the missed quarter of updates. I want to let you know that this feature is not on our roadmap for this quarter (Q3, 2022). HOWEVER, we are actively doing research into how to enable a basic tax library that would be the foundation for something like this. I can't give you an exact deadline, but please know it's top of mind for us.

As a sidenote, I'll be updating the top Ideas associated with Products and Line Items ~once per quarter going forward. I will include (1) whether or not a feature is on the roadmap for that quarter or not and (2) what our rollout plan for that feature is (e.g. will there be a beta or not). If you have feedback about additional information I could include in these updates, drop a note here. If I see a theme, I'll adjust my updates to address that.

I won't be doing this for every idea, but most ideas above 100 kudos will get this treatment. Previously, I had been trying to do it for ideas greater than 25 upvotes, but unfortunately the volume is too high to be practical.

177件のコメント
NarrowBoatJim
参加者

There is an Integration that fixes this issue available in the HubSpot Marketplace. Its called Chargebee Quote to Cash.

Quote to Cash can automatically calculate Sales Tax on quotes from the HubSpot Sales Hub and issue credit card and digital payments links with the correct tax added and calculated direct from HubSpot.

True Digital Payments for HubSpot at last!!!!

RefocusX are HubSpot Partner that deals with Chargebee Integrations

Lauren555
メンバー

If I understood the video correctly, Chargebee Quote to Cash works only for B2B.

NarrowBoatJim
参加者

Hi Lauren,

If you have Quote to Cash as a 3rd party integration for HubSpot you can use it for both B2B and B2C sales from the HubSpot Sales Hub quoting system. Its core functionality offers a MRR subscription service with Credit Card / Digital Payments automated and built in.

The other main feature of Quote to Cash is that once it is integrated and configured correctly with your HubSpot Sales Hub it can generate payment links for standard Sales Hub quotes, as part of HubSpot workflows, allowing the Sales Tax / VAT to be automatically calculated and added to the funal payment link. No more manual errors. Quote to Cash is multi country also, calculating the correct Sales Tax/VAT for all countries. 

So, if you are selling a product for £100 + 20% VAT (£120), you no longer need to add a line item to your HubSpot quote and manually calculate the tax. Chargbee Quote to Cash does this for you as part of a follow up process. It needs to be configured properly, but it genuinely does offer HubSpot CPQC

If anyone needs more advice on Quote to Cash and HubSpot Sales Hub Integrations, they can email me at james@refocusit.com

CMolinari2
メンバー

It's just unbelievable that a system cannot make an automatic calculation of VAT. It is the bases, so much countries have VAT.

It's possible to specify a VAT rate on the product, so it will not be so difficult to make the calculation autmatically.

For example : 
Specification of the products :
Product A : 10€ (VAT 20%)
Product B : 20€ (VAT 5,5%)

Product C : 50€ (VAT 20%)
When I am doing my quotation I will select the product and specify a quantity. It's necessary to let the user to change the price, and apply a discount on the product.
In the example :
1 product A : 1x10€ = 10
2 product B : 2x20€ = 40 
1 prodcut C : 1x50€ = 50
Total without VAT = 100
VAT 20% = 12
VAT 5,5% = 2,2
Total VAT = 14,4
Total with VAT = 114,40
Because the VAT is implemented on the product, it's really easy to implement an automatic calculation. We cannot let the user ake the calculation himself, when we have 50 or 100 users that create more that 50 offers per day we will have a lot of mistake and we are loosing so much time... 

KRobles
参加者

I am hoping for an option to automatically add taxes based on state. Or even an option to put in a percentage like others have requested. 

ChristinaMartin
メンバー

This seems to be an essential feature that should be added to HubSpot Quoting. Most companies work in multiple states/provinces and some do sales in other contries. There are many different sales percentages, it is a waste of empolyees valuble time to be constantly googling tax percentages. 

It would be very useful even just to be able to create a personlized list of taxs to have a list to choose from when adding taxes to quotes.

NarrowBoatJim
参加者

This does seem like a pretty obvious feature for HubSpot to develop. But the reasons why they haven't are a bit more complex....

HubSpot is not a finance system. HubSpot is also a global CRM system, not just USA based, so keeping a track on ever changing international tax rates is outside its remit.

If you want that functionality you need a third party finance integration that enhances the functionality of the Sales Hub quoting system. 

I would recommend Chargebee for anyone needing this. They are a billion dollar company and their integration is the best on the Marketplace

MissTipsi
トップ投稿者

Sorry NarrowBoatJim, but while Chargebee looks great, from my prior conversations with them, you are also looking at starting from about $1k fees a month to them (although that could have changed) which would price out a lot of SMBs.

Irrespective of actual cost of Chargebee, I don't think there is any excuse for Hubspot at this stage. I know they are working on Hubspot Payments - still only available in US - so this may have something to do with things, but to my mind and at least for anyone not using payments, all they have to do is allow the user to define the tax rates and include an additional field at line-item and total level which is price inclusive of tax.

DLuthi
メンバー

I would love an integration with a tool like Avalara, so I can match my SKU's to the different products we sell. 

NadineF
参加者

...auto tax calculation + being able to collect payment and account for them correctly in Stripe

Pedrodelamigo
投稿者

Please make this work! Also the possibility to add tax per line-item.

ecordero
メンバー | Platinum Partner

We also need add specific tax % on every quote. 

weelo
メンバー | Solutions Partner

yes needed please

KayT
メンバー

Upvote!

MIshak
メンバー | Elite Partner

Great idea since 2020, UPVOTE 🙂

TomTrap
メンバー

This is really important! Also, tax should apply to recurring services, not only one-off tax, and remaining recurring with no tax (it doesn't make any sense) - it is crucial when you integrate with Stripe subscription.

NWoodward
メンバー

This would be super helpful.

MSala7
メンバー

I am also very interested by a default tax tax settings for all quotes. 

Any update from the Hubspot team ?

CTeyssié
メンバー

I am also very interested by a default tax tax settings for all quotes. 

Its very important for us

NSimonBerlin
メンバー

I just started using Hubspot and absolutely expected that VAT would OF COURSE be part of the system to create and send around quotes. It is ridiculous that there is no standard, built-in feature that let's you define VAT in the products, and lists them correctly in the quotation. There is no need for Hubspot at all to keep track of VAT requirements around the world - just let users define, in their products, what's the VAT%. Hope this does not take another 4 years to move forward.