HubSpot Ideas

NilsK

Automatic adding of TAX (VAT) when creating quotes

We use a specific tax % on every quote so it should be possible to set a standard and e.g. add a 19% tax on every quote created automatically.

Benefits:

1. Saves times
  2. Avoid mistakes
HubSpot Updates
August 30, 2022 12:08 PM

Hey folks - Ethan here, product manager for the Product Library. Apologies for the missed quarter of updates. I want to let you know that this feature is not on our roadmap for this quarter (Q3, 2022). HOWEVER, we are actively doing research into how to enable a basic tax library that would be the foundation for something like this. I can't give you an exact deadline, but please know it's top of mind for us.

As a sidenote, I'll be updating the top Ideas associated with Products and Line Items ~once per quarter going forward. I will include (1) whether or not a feature is on the roadmap for that quarter or not and (2) what our rollout plan for that feature is (e.g. will there be a beta or not). If you have feedback about additional information I could include in these updates, drop a note here. If I see a theme, I'll adjust my updates to address that.

I won't be doing this for every idea, but most ideas above 100 kudos will get this treatment. Previously, I had been trying to do it for ideas greater than 25 upvotes, but unfortunately the volume is too high to be practical.

177 Replies
chrismcelligott

I would love this feature and find it hard to believe it's not already there. It's such needless overhead for our team who sents multiple quotes per day and as per Australian law we need to include tax on the invoice.

Anniva
Participant

This is super important. We even tried making this happen by coding part of the quote, but didn't solve the issue. Needed asap!! Each time a quote is sent, this needs to be done manually atm.

KAunkst

Absolutely, we need to collect sales tax from all our services. Calcultaing this manually keeps me from using the hubspot quotes tool which makes me sad. I didn't want to have to have an integration for quotes and taking payments, but if I can't account sales tax accurately or automatically, I'll have to find another solution. *sad trombone*

FernandoVW

Upvoting this.

Another important feature would be the automation of discounts depending on the customer.

We have different kind of partners who get different line item discounts, and we would like these to be applied as standar when generating a quote for this partner.

DRattlidge

I find this so annoying and luborious, adding VAT as a set amount on every quote, should be standardised. 

This is basic and in evey other quote tool, come on Hubspot.

SWest1

Hubspot is so good in some areas but also SO poor in others. How on earth does a Quote formulating CRM not have an automatic VAT calculation/section???

Come on Hubspot, this is basic stuff!

scotta1

Am new to HubSpot and still have a lot to learn. Spent a while trying to work out how to add automatic taxes to quotes (I had been adding them manually and thought that was just a dumb, error prone way to do things). Have just come across this 'ideas' post, I now see it's not possible. Grrr.

Having trouble reconciling the fact that many sections of HubSpot are truly world leading, but other parts are just missing basic features.

C'mon team, what do we have to do to get this basic feature sorted out?

DParisi

Yeah this is basic and crucial. Also without this we are not able to use the Stripe integration in a way that makes sense

Cymo

Another upvote.

We've just started using the Quotes element of Hubspot and it seems crazy that auto calculations, such as VAT, are not already built in. Does seem a very basic requirement that is missing.

jlat-newton
Participant

We need to set different VAT % for each product (line) on the same quote.

CdeFougeroux
Participant

Another upvote.

We need more auto calculations, such as VAT + the ability to set different VAT % for each product (line) on the same quote.

JJohns1

Yes, seems odd that HS has a tax line item that is obviously using a % somewhere to calculate Tax.
But that this isnt available to be edited.

It could be placed under Settings > Account Defaults > Currency or somewhere here.

This has been an issue now since 2019.

MFleischer

This feature is really necessary. So many mistakes will happen with this tax thing in germany. 

RBOYER

This use is daily, the risk of errors is constant on each estimate published !!  

AChrisanow
HubSpot Employee

HS Support here:

Would be a really useful feature

GlennAngus

I agree, I hate it when a quote is accepted and the default tax rate hasn't been added to the quote.   I cannot tell you how many thousands of dollars this has cost me. 

MSchnetler

This feature is crucial to remove the risk of errors on a daily basis. 

KNickolay
Participant

This is so needed!!

RJones25

Please add this as would make it alot easier!

NarrowBoatJim
Participant

There is an Integration that fixes this issue available in the HubSpot Marketplace. Its called Chargebee Quote to Cash.

Quote to Cash can automatically calculate Sales Tax on quotes from the HubSpot Sales Hub and issue credit card and digital payments links with the correct tax added and calculated direct from HubSpot.

True Digital Payments for HubSpot at last!!!!