HubSpot Ideas

NilsK

Automatic adding of TAX (VAT) when creating quotes

We use a specific tax % on every quote so it should be possible to set a standard and e.g. add a 19% tax on every quote created automatically.

Benefits:

1. Saves times
  2. Avoid mistakes
179 Replies
mortenstaal
Participant | Platinum Partner

I am still quite shocked that this isn't a default option that can be set. Is this going on the roadmap anytime soon?

WendyC
Member | Partner

Absolutely required for Australia too. Why are we still waiting for this?

MGerlich

That's a must have feature for a CRM to avoid mistakes from the sales team.

HegeAbelson

The norwegian translation "25% skatt" is not correct. It should say "25% merverdiavgift" or "25% mva". I hope you would consider doing this change.

JvandenElsen
Member | Elite Partner

This is a very desired feature for our partners.

Please prioritize as it would make the life a lot easier. Less manual work, less mistakes, more happy HS users.

Georgie13
Participant

This should have been implemented at launch or at least by now. 
How are there muliti currencies at a company level but not tax. As other users have said the majority of business' are adding tax to quotes. 

SMantle

Non-starter that % isn't an option in quotes.....unless this is built-in at time of our renewal, we'll move our business elsewhere.

LC7

Yes please cant believe that on a CRM like hubspot this is not standard feature

NHerbst

Really need this feature as we have experienced quite a number of incidents where the quote creator makes a mistake in tthe calculation of the sales tax (VAT in our country).

APequeño

Yes, please we need to add automatic tax in %.

Thanks

Strumdrum
Participant

I've spent the last several months incoporarting and training my employees on HubSpot. I've finally got to the point where I can turn to the quotes feature...only to realize that I can't set an automatic tax percetnage. What?? So my salesmen have to manually figure tax for every quote they send. That is just...such a dissapointment. It introduces so much room for error and adds time to the process. And it's really surprising with their focus on adding finance features like payments last year. Here's the best solution I can think of to get this off the ground quick:

Let Quickbooks add the tax automatically as part of the integration with HubSpot. It's already syncing the products over which are used in quotes. Since Quickbooks already has the informaton, why not just pull from that?

HubSpot should absolutely put this on the roadmap soon though. 

LJones36

This is a deal breaker for us. Default tax figure is crucial and auto calculation is also a must. 

mortenstaal
Participant | Platinum Partner

It's beyond stupidity that this is not part of a quoting platform.

lindahouben
Contributor | Elite Partner

Any updates on this? 

Our client has various products with various Tax percentages. Would be very helpfull if that is automatically added in the quote. 

Adam_W
Participant

Having a "smart" approach with tax tables, etc. is a nice idea, but being able to add a "dumb" line-item with a single tax rate is just absolutely necessary. Not entirely sure how three years go by without any visible progress on this... 🤔

TSimono

Just a basic 'TAV number' field would also be a good start.

MHarman

Hi, we have the same problem with GST in Australia. 10%

Is there a work around in Hubspot apart from enetering it manually on every quote. Pain in the butt..

Mike

TJacobs4

Shocking that is not a feature!! 

Can someone at Hubspot respond to this Thread!???

MHarman
Apparently they are working on it.
dchamaca

In Chile we need this feature implemented, I'd say almost 99% of quotes come with fixed tax in the document. Please we need this development