HubSpot Ideas

_Kevin

Automatic Notifications for Salesforce Sync Errors and API Calls Approaching the Limit

It would be nice to have a simple notification to inform admins when a serious Salesforce sync error occurs or when API calls reach a certain percentage of the 24 hour limit. Currently this monitoring must be done manually, negatively impacting UX and process automation.

20 Kommentare
lageraghty
Teilnehmer/-in

Yes... came here just to submit this same request.

Notify the admins (or a set email address) once a day, like at 8pm ... when the sync errors are over a value that I set (like say 10 or 20). That way I don't have to constantly log in and check. I forget to check and come back and it's way higher than I thought it would be and it takes a while to clean up the syncing errors.

mpeterswbr
Teilnehmer/-in

I also would like to see this added. I chatted with support and according to the person I spoke with, HubSpot only tracks errors for "known" contacts, as in if it can't sync with a contact in Salesforce, the contact is not added to HubSpot and HubSpot has no way of documenting that an error occurred and why. There has to be a better way to pinpoint these errors, pull an error report, and receive an email than the sync error tab in integration settings. This makes it very difficult to pinpoint the problem and fix it.

FrontBurner
Mitglied | Elite Partner

Agree, this one gets our vote as well.  Nice that the option is there to create a list, but it's a static list, not a smart list, which doesn't help us in terms of being able to set up any kind of workflow to alert us to when someone new has been added.  We need an alert when there's been a sync error so we can clear the error right away, not manually having to log back in and check.

soppenheimer
Teilnehmer/-in

Would be useful for our users.

RedTea
Teilnehmer/-in

Definitely an important feature. 

Just found 150+ leads that never sync'ed because of an error and we had no idea. 

At $50 per lead, that's a lot of money that may have potentially been lost. 

Make it happen Hubspot!!!!

GreggTurek
Mitglied

Agreed. This is needed. We have a pretty complex SalesForce environment and this kind of notification would be helpful.

Gregg

LukeClinton
HubSpot Employee

Totally agree! Would be a really useful notification and feature for all users.

Yair
Mitglied

This feature is absolutely necessary! 

ceastwood
Mitglied

This feature would help provide real time notifications when a hubspot object failed to sync to salesforce. This can help our staff be more proactive to fix this issue so our salesforce staff can reach out to the lead quicker. It will also save our hubspot users time so they don't have to check the sync errors every so often.

jamieemeow
Mitglied

Please consider adding alerts to sync errors.  This feature would greatly improve our lead flow and overall productivity. Our sales team relies on receiving timely leads from HubSpot. Usually by the time someone notices the sync errors, a large amount of leads have already been missed. Nobody wants cold leads, especially when they could have been hot! Additionally, someone constantly checking for sync errors is a waste of time and should not be part of our MA-Sales process. Thank you!

LROADY
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

Agree! I have a really lean team and it literally took a month of leads not syncing for anyone to notice..... need a robot to pick up the work on this one!

mkulkarni
Mitglied

This would help so much. Having an email notification (immediately, or chosen frequency) in addition to a report of all recent sync errors by REASON would be immensely useful.

amowat
Mitglied

this is a CRITICAL feature if you run an org dependent on lead flow!

If the API cap gets hit, leads stop flowing = NOT GOOD.

Fix it.

brianamanrique
Mitglied

To echo everyone else's comments, a sync error notification would be great. Our team knowing when errors occur is critical to our timely response for leads and MQLs. Our team is tight on bandwidth so for someone to manually have to check for syncing errors is just not feasible and a waste of time when you know a simple notification could save you the hassle. Please create sync error alerts!

sgenolet
Mitglied

This is a MUST, for me. HubSpot users need to be notified as soon as there is a sync error with SalesForce.

Status aktualisiert zu: Not Currently Planned
brandy_asplundh
HubSpot-Produktteam

Hi there, 

Thank you for this idea. We do see the benefits of adding this to the integration but we don't have any plans to add this in the near future. 

We will update this post if we have any updates on this idea. 

Best, 

Brandy 

SGibney
Mitglied

This would be something so helpful; it's causing us so many issues and without an alert, we can't fix it until it's too late. Please enable us to set up an announcment workflow. 

CapnKorb
Teilnehmer/-in

Agreed.

It would be extremely helpful to receive API Error Alerts when an API error occurs.

Our client is disappointed that we haven't been catching all of the errors as they come through and the ability to be alerted via email (or in Hubspot) when an error occurs would allow us to be proactive in fixing errors without having to charge our client several extra hours to manually check for errors.

For context, their co-located event partner adds new registration data fields to their backend every few months without talking to us first and these changes break our data sync in Hubspot.

Secondarily, if there's also a way to pull API error reports in the same way that 'imported list' error reports can be pulled that could help us determine predominant errors faster. We have a lot of data points that we need to doublecheck and I'd love to pull a comprehensive report of what all the errors were as we set this up every year.

CVera
Teilnehmer/-in

Agreed!  A crucial alert for admins who are stretched already for time. We use a ton of automation to help us scale so when the API call limit is reached, that speed to contact for the lead is lost. 

Status aktualisiert zu: Delivered
brandy_asplundh
HubSpot-Produktteam

A couple of years back we made updates to Salesforce sync errors. This allows user to get notified on "Salesforce sync errors" and "Salesforce integration paused" which means Get notified when your Salesforce integration stops working because there’s an outage or you reached your API call limit.

You can enable these notifications by going to the gear icon in the top right > Your Preferences > Notifications > System notifications.

Screen Shot 2022-02-15 at 9.59.09 AM.png

Here is a knowledge-based article for more information, Manage Salesforce integration API calls and sync errors