HubSpot Ideas

egp19

Automated exports of reports to XLS or XLSX

Please add spreadsheet file types to the email delivery option for dashboards. Several of our custom reports are unsummarized data tables that we need to export from HubSpot at the same time every week to avoid overlapping data from week to week. 

Currently, it's only possible to automatically deliver dashboards via email with image file types. This is useless for reports in tables because the data gets cut off.

24 Replies
Holger_Z
Contributor

I am exactly looking for the same function. Just exporting pure figures in graphic files does not help. Exporting excel spread sheets would be a great benefit.

Best

Holger

dadventures
Participant

i am also looking for the same functionality.  just exporting the graphs is not useful for me. 

Molinero9249
Participant

My team really, really needs this functionality as well.

Stanz
Participant

Absolutely, this would be amazing!

We are using it to automatically update our financial reporting, which we're doing in separate software. 

johnelmer
Top Contributor | Elite Partner
@egp19 @Stanz @Molinero9249 @dadventures @Holger_Z  There are some options in the HubSpot App Marketplace that can meet your needs until HubSpot adds this kind of export functionality.

One option is the Excel Integration for HubSpot.  Using this app, your HubSpot data can be set up to refresh in Excel on a regularly scheduled basis. The integration would enable you to automate your sales reporting and recreate the charts you see in HubSpot.  

If your company uses Microsoft Power BI, you can use HubSpot Connector for Power BI.  Using this app you can set up an automated data refresh schedule so that each time you open Power BI, the most recent HubSpot data is used to update your report.  A similar connector is available for Tableau here.

A third option for those of you who are using BI software other than Tableau or Power BI for integrated reporting is the MS SQL Replicator for HubSpot.  This app automatically loads your HubSpot data into a SQL Server data warehouse in the Microsoft Azure cloud. Most BI and visualization software (ie Klipfolio) can connect to a SQL Server data warehouse.

Stanz
Participant

Hi @johnelmer,

Thank you for the detailed answer. Looks like the Excel Integration is a good solution for us! However, at this time it's not worth making the investment as we're using it for a single report on a weekly basis. Still, very helpful comment and good to know for future reference 🙂

It's unfortunate Hubspot doesn't offer this natively...

RAspell

This would be so useful - I need to share pipelines with non hubspot users continually!

dcxometry

Upvote! A function to schedule reports in CSV would be great. A way to integrate with ETL providers such as Fivetran would be even better for all object types including ads in order to make it easier to extract the data out of HS and into a data warehouse.

MattBailey

I also would like to automate the export of XLS reports so that we can keep some external reporting systems updated. 

NRodic
Participant

We would need this as well. 

johnelmer

@dcxometry We offer an app in the HubSpot App Marketplace called MS SQL Server for HubSpot . Similar to ETL providers like Fivetran, this app ETLs your HubSpot data into a SQL data warehouse via prebuilt API connectors. A SQL data warehouse in Azure is included in the cost, which is not usually the case with an ETL service.

Once your HubSpot data is in the Azure data warehouse, it automatically refreshes on a scheduled basis. You can connect the SQL data warehouse to any other application that has a SQL connector.

MLira

This seems like such a basic / must-have function. Surprised this hasn't been developed yet.

THÉBERT

Strongly !

docly

We also need this feature urgently.

The feature to send reports via email is nonsense, too. Here we get only a diagram but no data.
And also OData is useless while the data result is limited to 100 items.
Is it really so difficult to rpovide an OData or database source to use report data in Excel?

@johnelmer your solution looks very nice but as EEA users we need to secure that all our (personal) data are processed within the European Union but you only procide an US Azure cloud database.

Best regards, Markus

johnelmer

@docly In the interest of clarity:  European data protection law permits processing personal data outside of the US and provides a set of requirements to be met for processing personal data outside of the European Union.  Here's where you can read more.  

shammers
Participant

Upvote!  Critical business need.

ALoaisa
Member | Diamond Partner

We also need this functionality urgently.  We are manually exporting several csv files on a daily basis. Couldn´t just be added to the current options: PDF, PPTX, PNG?

kan_RXN

Hard to believe this post is 2 years old and this still isn't available.... Is it possible to upvote this more than once?

Monil

Need this basic feature as well. We are doing one report each week and addins may not be cost effective.

Mazze
Participant | Platinum Partner

I absolutely agree! If you can go into the Reporting tool, select any report, and choose a file type to then have the system send this to you — I see absolutely no reason why this cannot be automated. The Dashboard tool should be able to do this without a heavy lift. And even in the Reporting export modal window — HubSpot could add a scheduled export function. 

HubSpot... please help us out here. This request has been queued up for just over 3 years.