HubSpot Ideas

Nikki_Mo

Automated US Sales Tax

We are currently rolling out a consumer model to one of our locations so having to manually add a line for tax is not that cumbersome.  We do plan to roll out to additional areas and removing the human error from any of our locations across the US where taxes are concerned would be a god send.  

9 Replies
kristinhaynes
Participant

Please allow the ability to connect with known tax systems such as Avalara, that will automatically calculate state-based tax for Hubspot Payments. Without an automated way to calculate tax, the Hubspot Payments tool can't be used. 

EStevens1

Please integrate an automatic sales tax feature into Hubspot quoting or Hubspot Payments so we can remain complaint with state and local tax regulations.  We have been extremely please with Hubspot's evolving services but the lack of sales tax nexus support is a growing concern that will quickly become a significant factor in our ability to fully leverage Hubspot.  I'm happy to disucss this topic further and discuss ideas on incrimental features you could focus on until a complete solution is ready.

RandyPeterson
Participant

We can't use HubSpot payments because there is no way to automatically calculate state and local taxes.  We use Avalara to handle these calculations in our accounting system, but I don't see any integration currently available between them and HubSpot, and nothing native to HubSpot yet. 

RDelSarto

We need this badly, we are blocked from issuing Quotes and receiving payments if we can't have US sales tax automatic calculation in HS somehow. Avalara integration would be fantastic.

jjones41
Contributor

At this point, it's hard to see path in which tax is not a roadblock for us. We also use Avalara.

CChristenson2

While searching for a solution to manage subscriptions and payments it was great to learn that HubSpot Payments was a potential option for us. Our project requires the ability to calculate state and local taxes across the US.

Would be great if HubSpot added this feature or an integration for this capability soon.

APendergraph

This needs to be attached to the invoicing program, quotes, and payments.

We must charge accurate taxes to remain compliant with the 12000+ jurisdictions in the US.

JerryReid
Contributor

Here are my thoughts:

• I don't think using an integration partner like Avalara should be a requirement to be able to use this functionality. Avalara isn't absolutely required to get tax rates although I'm sure it streamlines the process somewhat and some customers use it.
  • In the US, sales taxes may be owed at the metropolitan area/city, county, or state level. This can have an impat on the overall rate at state level, if there is a rollup of these.
  • It is possible for an incorrect rate to have been applied on a given transaction or even multiple transactions OR tax rates may not have been setup for a new jurisdiction in time; so rates may need to be changed for multiple customers or invoices for a customer, or it may need to be dealt with just moving forward. A timeframe may be needed to be selected as to the scope of any changes due to rate changes and/or effective date of the rate.
DDelliquadri

This is the major shortcoming that prevented us from moving from Salesforce to HubSpot Sales Hub CRM in 2023.   

We already use Marketing Hub. We chose to stick with Salesforce (for now) as we didn't want to trust a 3rd party HubSpot implementation consultant that had never manually/custom integrated Avalara into HubSpot. We deemed it too important to take a chance.  We decided to take a year to review how we use Salesforce CRM to ensure there are no other missing requirements.

As we understand it, Avalara is the one that needs to spearhead the project of integrating with HubSpot.