Automate Workflow From Playbook Submission

abbyghattas

I would like to be able to automate a workflow when a playbook is saved to a contact or a deal. For example, if I use a playbook to help sales walk through a purchase order or lead submission to another department, I would like to be able to automate in internal notification to other team members which displays the answers to the playbook questions, the contact or deal associated with the playbook submission and identify the hubspot user who used and saved the playbook.

9 Replies
kreiner2006
Participant

Yes! Playbooks could be a super tool if they had a little more functionality. There are lots of submitted ideas that go along with this that could make it a dream for our users! 

tmckenna

Yes!  I am looking for the same playbook functionality.

cooperelias
Contributor

This would benefit us as well. We have two playbooks right now that need to trigger automations (one for pushing updated contact properties to another system and another for referrals provided by that customer), but not until the user is done going through the playbook. Setting enrollment based on [property] is known for something being updated through playbooks is dangerous, because it autosaves while the user is typing, so I had partially entered data getting passed through at first.

I'd like to see it added as an enrollment option under Activities. Something like "[Playbook name] has been completed." You can kind of do this now if it's set to be logged as a call, but then you run into re-enrollment limitations.

petejam

Yes!! We are doing this now, but it's a hack -- definitely not an elegant solution and breaks some fundamental data hygiene best practices. 

We have a managed trial process that we wanted to fire off of a Deal record. We created a playbook and six corresponding "Playbook" fields on the Deal object. The workflow looks for the completion of those six "playbook" fields, waits for 5 minutes (to combat the autosave issue that @cooperelias mentioned above), then fires the workflow. 

It works, but there are some definite shortcomings. Playbooks have the potential to be one of THE killer features in the HubSpot CRM, but are still so young--would love to see it fully baked! 

slepoidevin
Contributor

Agreed! Right now we are using the same workaround as @petejam mentioned - mapping data to fields and then using those fields to trigger workflows.

Shawn_Flowers
Member | Partner

The converse is also true, it would be ideal to also allow the update property action within the workflow tool to associate playbooks to deals.  

Kaspar

I could not agree more!

The Playbooks allow for precise inputs via prescripted answers. this would be very helpful as automation triggers. 

Pitty this is still not implemented. 

Ina

I totally support that idea! That would be great to be able to share, export playbooks , add them into a workflow or simply email the answers internally.

NicoleSengers
Guide | Elite Partner

I would like to be able to save properties based on answrs in the playbook as well.