HubSpot Ideas

CPSCB

Automate Ticket Assignment Rotation

Use Case:

Our support team rotates who handles incoming Conversations and Tickets. In the Conversation inbox, we can automate assignment round robin style to allow multiple agents to work a given inbox while ensuring no Conversations slip through the cracks. We would like a consistent way of working to carry across to Tickets.

We have multiple pipelines, with Tickets created from form submissions via various workflows. Currently, we can only set the workflow to assign a Ticket to no one, the Contact owner or a specific user. We need to spread the workload around by allowing a round robin type of Ticket assignment amongst multiple users (agents).

Request:

Enable automatic Ticket assignment rotation from within Workflows, similar to how lead rotation concept works. Ideally, we would be able to assign a weight to each agent in cases where there are primary agents for a certain pipeline and then support people who could help out when the pipeline is very full of Tickets in busy seasons.

Note: I can do this now with the Rotate Contact Owner step and then assign to Contact Owner in the Create Ticket step in the flow, but in many cases we don't want to change the primary owner of the Contact record, only the Ticket assignment.

Reference for Lead Rotation:

https://www.hubspot.com/product-updates/automate-lead-rotation-and-task-and-deal-creation-in-hubspot...

12 Replies
CPSCB
Contributor

Update: 

We created a separate ticket workflow to handle the round robin assignment of the ticket without impacting the Contact ownership. What we still would like to see is a smart workflow that:

• takes into account how many open tickets any given assignee has open (unworked) and balances the assignment load across the team
  • allows weighting so some users could be given a heavier load for certain pipelines
  • out of office syncing so we do not have to update every workflow each time one of our team members is out of office and therefore should be taken out of the assignment rotation
JMKramer
Member | Elite Partner

How were you able to create that workflow? What were your parameters and actions? I am struggling to assign the tickets to users round-robin style.

AreebAhmad

@CPSCB  We would also love to know how you created that workflow. It will be very useful for us too.
Will be really grateful if you could please share that with us here or DM me @AreebAhmad 

Auto assignment of tickets in a round-robin fashion taking into account the current workload of agents + their out office status is of utmost importance. That is exactly what we are struggling with!

TOMurchu

@CPSCB  yes - would be great to know how auto assignment of tickets in a round-robin fashion taking into account the current workload of agents + their out office status was achieved. Thanks

TYokom

@CPSCB I would also love to know how you set up a workflow to assign tickets round robin style if you're willing to share how you set up that workflow; I've had little success setting up any workflows to try and configure this.

Thanks!

Jayeshurath
Contributor

Something that would have been nice, if available  Ref: Freshdesk (https://support.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/221904-setting-up-round-robin-ticket-assign...)

Jayeshurath_0-1638984554513.png

lukecro
Participant

@Jayeshurath That's a great example! RE: FreshDesk's solution.

Jayeshurath
Contributor

@lukecro 
They seem to have the best solution for this, skill based roud robin is gold 

dkhardwick
Contributor | Elite Partner

@CPSCB I would also love to know how you have created this workflow.  Struggling with the same issue right now.  Any insight would be extremely useful and appreciated.

DylanMiller

Honestly it's completely insane to me that this isn't just a basic function of HubSpot. This is a very rudimentary feature of any other support desk. HubSpot needs to make this happen. 

jdemello
HubSpot Product Team

KSöderholm0

I think our problem is similar to this. We would like to manually assign a ticket to a team, which would rotate to the next customer service representative "in line". We have a rotation in place for the tickets, but in case the rotation has not gone to the right team, we would like to change it manually.