HubSpot Ideas

AnaïsB

Autocomplete address form fields with Google maps

Hello there, 

It would be great if we had the option to make form fields autocomplete ; for adresses, using the Google Maps autosuggest could do something like that : 

original2.PNG

We have a lot of trouble treating duplicates and typos, which would be resolved if we could count on adresses being a unique match thanks to set values. 

Thanks a lot!

51 Comentarios
Thibaudd
Miembro

Good idea !

J_Gilbert
Miembro

Data standardization is mandatory for accurate results - addresses are the worst. Please make this a native integration.

ericchatry
Participante

all for it

alanbrown
Participante

I would start using this functionality today if supported. Currently looking to implement this.

PearsonSpecter
Miembro

Corazón

graceotaiza
Participante

Hubspot, please add this ASAP. It is absolutely imperative that we are able to have accurate address info. It is currently imposible with the freedom that regular text fields provide. 

JohnPolish
Participante

Keller Williams has this on their CRM. 

They don't do programming. 

It can't be hard. 

I consider this function fairly basic. 

(Along with auto-formating phone numbers - which are surprisingly free form in this, otherwise, advanced platform). 

apmul
Participante

Yes, please add this integration. It is a standard in SO MANY forms and makes us look unprofessional by not having it in our HubSpot forms.

OnsiteSolutions
Miembro

I really don't understand why this is not standard in all CRM systems. Quick entry, flawless data and improved duplicate check. Sould be a no brainer to develop. 

Clovenhoof
Participante

This really is quite a critical tool for a CRM, can save a lot of time in both data entry and ongoing data mantainence.

rodcunha
Participante

I'm very surprised that HS doesn't provide a simple autocomplete option for google places API. This is critical for us as we are so location dependent and this provides LAT/LNG values as well as a link to google maps that is critical to our business.

jkeough78
Colaborador | Partner

I came close to figuring out how to do this but I gave up and decided to use a non-hubspot form.

A few pointers for anyone trying to figure this out on their own...

1. I had to work through this tutorial first: https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/places-autocomplete. You have to create API key and you have to pay for the API service. 

2. You have to embed your hubspot form using a few advanced options like this: 

https://legacydocs.hubspot.com/docs/methods/forms/advanced_form_options

jkeough78_0-1600714502512.png

This got me close, but I couldn't figure out the final steps.

RBP-AdamSand
Miembro

Absolutely, this feature has been in apps like Podio for YEARS... https://www.loom.com/share/f42de3c8b6794b8c9b577cbefafe3f26

Hey @hubspot lets get on this one! 🙂 

Capslock
Participante

This is essential for us. We pay a LOT to use Hubspot as a start-up. Big upvote here.

spiderman
Participante

I 34th that upvote. Being able to confirm addresses for shipping and contract agreements would enable further automation in our pipelines. 

tstockme
Miembro

I can only repeat what's been said here already. This actually is a must-have functionality. 

Please implement this asap.

SBenfield
Participante

As a global company, this has become a priority for us to solution for address data collections on HubSpot forms. The customer experience for entering address information is less than desirable in its current state. This should be an out of the box capability.

RBP-AdamSand
Miembro

Figured out a Solution.... 

So we take the Street address, and the City, and state:

8007 162 Avenue Northwest Edmonton AB

Used Zapier to format the text from spaces to "+"

Created a custom contact property for a "Google maps link" 

Pre filled the property field with: 
https://www.google.com/maps/search/?api=1&query=

Using the automation to add the now formatted text: 
8007+162+Avenue+Northwest+Edmonton+AB

So now you end up with: 
https://www.google.com/maps/search/?api=1&query=8007+162+Avenue+Northwest+Edmonton+AB

This results in a clickable google maps link on both Mobile and Desktop that you can make a default on your view. 

Used some workflows to make it go backwards and do 2700 contacts. 

Essentially we just put everyone who had a Street address, and City... but empty "google maps link" onto a static list. 

Prior to doing that we built a Zap that said "anyone added to this NO GOOGLE MAPS LINK list" needs to go find the related contact and perform the same flow that adds the street address and city to that google maps URL and populates the field by updating the contact. 

It's not perfect without flaws, but most of our customers enter their address from an online form so we don't really "Type" the addresses in to begin with. We just wanted a way to make it easy to start navigation to an appointment with a contact based on their address. 

Hope that helps someone else. 

WebfootMarket
Participante

Agreed. This would be very useful for us!

WebfootMarket
Participante

Becoming more and more interested in this. This would be very helpful, and makes us sound more local to the customers we work with, We shouldn't have to ask for the zip code, once they give us the other bits of information.

@RBP-AdamSand - Curious about what you are doing with Zapier for this. It sounds like you did not necessarily solve the problem of autocompleting, but you did automate a process to creat a clickable google maps link for a given address in HubSpot, correct?