HubSpot Ideas

Yoshi

Auto populate city state based on postal code

Currently, HubSpot form does not support auto populate city or state based on postal code or zip. 

It would be great if we could have that feature for HubSpot form. 

42件のコメント
rstevens
参加者

YES. I came here specifically to post the same idea.

Here's why this is so important: we know that submission rates tend to go down the longer a form is and/or the more fields you require. Having a ZIP Code decode running in the background is an easy way to shorten your forms, increase your submission rates, and still get all that sweet, sweet data into your CRM.

cursu
投稿者

Agreed, this would be a very useful additon. We currently do this via API. 

NBoo
参加者

The original post is a bit dated, but after searching around the web, it seems this is one of those things that still doesn't have a clear solution- at least not one that's been shared.

Amen rstevens! We need a zip code field for users to complete that auto-populates hidden fields for city and state.

Cursu, do you mind me asking what API you are using?

I found something that looked promising with 'Javascript: City/State Auto-Fill' at https://www.zipcodeapi.com/API - created client and application keys for the solution, edited the JS to include the correct IDs etc, placed the JS in the footer of the page with the form, but nothing.

It would be great to know what I'm doing wrong, or if anyone else has found a way to incorporate ZipCodeAPI into HubSpot.

cursu
投稿者

@NBooNBoo, I do not know all the technical details as I am not a developer. Long story short, we push all the contacts through API to our internal app, lookup zip in Google via Google API, push back  to Hubspot via API: contact with city, state, country filled in. Would be good if this would be done out of the box with Hubspot as some people do not have the resources to do custom development.

kkeate
メンバー

I have several clients who divide sales territories by city/sate which is a nightmare to deal with in HubSpot and a blank text field for city. I would love to to route by Zipcodes and assign city/state via a work flow. Please make this happen!

Gabriel_Ramos
参加者

Keeping this alive, I would help us immensely.

sgraham28
参加者

I agree this would be tremendously helpful.  I'd like to add that if it could auto-populate County too that would be extrememly helpful.

FDXmktg
参加者

@NBoo Did you ever figure out what the issue was that prevented ZipCodeAPI from working for you? I was in the process of implementing this functionality when I came across your post. 

So far I've:

1. Registered and received access into the ZipCodeAPI
  2. Created a new JS file in the developer tool section of HubSpot (swapping out the Client Key info) 
  3. Duplicated the forms module
  4. Attached the new JS file to the newly created form module
  5. Developed a test page & inserted the new module
  6. Submitted multiple tests

I am wondering if the JS is set up to call upon the correct fields i.e. zip vs zipcode, etc. 

ericacowan
投稿者

Upvoting this! Would love to have this feature to reduce form friction and also help with accuracy. We have quite a few typos on submissions in the zip code field.

N_Wilbanks
メンバー

+1 for this feature! Please HubSpot, save us some fields!

peccho
メンバー

I really want this feature. It would be great to have auto-fill address feature when creating a new contact.

SpeedySprint
参加者

I vote for this, Please implement Hubspot. Thanks

sketchism
メンバー

Upvote!

khamer
参加者 | Solutions Partner

Plus 2

FrankMurray
メンバー

For the same good reasons mentioned above  - Up Vote!

ステータスに更新: Being Reviewed
JoeMayall
元HubSpot社員

Hi HubSpot Community,

My name is Joe, I'm the Ideas Forum Manager. I wanted to thank you for your thoughtful comments on this post. Your feedback helps us build better products.

I think this a great Idea! I'm happy to say we are currently reviewing this request and its feasibility. At this time I don’t have any details around timing or delivery, but all updates will be relayed on this thread.

I am changing the status of this idea to Being Reviewed as our team scopes out this work.

Best,
Joe

FrankMurray
メンバー

Thanks Joe - looking forward to using it! One less field for the customer!

cursu2
参加者

Hopefully will do Canadian psotal codes as well

TheTeslaTaxi
メンバー

@JoeMayall posted in June that this idea was being reviewed. It is now October si there any progress?  Thanks

jmorana
メンバー

@JoeMayall just following up if these is progress with this? This would be an awesome feature when creating contacts and companies by just entering in the postal code so the city and state populate.