HubSpot Ideas

MikeHuggins

Auto-detect 'away' feature for chat

The messages feature is tough to manage in a busy office. I'm the only key contact for online chat. And I have various other duties.

I'm often 'popping up' from my computer and forgetting to turn off chat. This is causing constant frustration to those seeking quick answers.

I know that other like propgams have an 'auto-away' type feature that detects when your computer is dormant for 2 - 3 minutes. If so it will automatically indicate that you are away and defaults to an email response. Of course it would be great for the feature to detect when you are back 'in-use' and switch back to live chat.

This would be a great feature to add.

HubSpot Updates
June 26, 2020 07:24 AM

Hi all- 

I have added you all above to my list for today or reached out to you directly for more information.

Just to clarify this beta will provide insight into your chat team’s availability status and adds the ability for Admins and Super Admins to control the individual user’s chat status to available and away. We will be looking into additional availability controls later this year and into next year so keep an eye out for this feature to continue to evolve. 

If anyone else is interested in the Team Management beta, here is the form to fill out. 

June 25, 2020 03:20 PM

@EJD we actually have that in beta now. I just added you to my list for tomorrow and will get this added to your portal. I will follow up with an email when the details. Thanks!

Not Currently Planned
May 20, 2020 11:36 AM

Hi everyone,

I’m Vijay, the Product Manager for HubSpot’s Conversations Inbox tool. Thank you for taking the time to submit and upvote this idea. At this time there are no plans to work on this Idea as we are focused on building out the core functionality for Inbox and have priortized other chat related feature request.  This is not to say that this idea will never be developed, just that there are no plans to do so at this time.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. 

Regards,

Vijay Vadlamani

72 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

This would be a good feature. BUT.. I'd like it to be an option, not a default.  Our reps work on other activities while also having HubSpot open. They are likely available and ready for a chat even if they haven't been active in Hubspot for a while.  I would NOT want the chat to automatically sign them out during instances like that as it would give our customers the impression we aren't there.  Therefore we would likely not use this if it was implemented where another company could find it very useful. 

AHari

Microsoft teams has this, and I think it's a way more dynamic and useful tool to help customers and support personnel set clear expectations.

JGårdenhag

Agreed. Need this!

LSamara
Member | Diamond Partner

Really, this function is essential in a service.

we're having a lot of problems with that too.

Contacts waiting in the queue that will only be answered the next day.

isabellweiss
Contributor

adding a +1 here

DanielSterley

Auto-detection for of AFK important!

doter
Participant

Has this been resolved?

AaronValencia

No, still not yet resolved unfortunately.

doter
Participant

No bueno.

Bensmom7

Would it be possible to simply have an if/then contingency so that if a client chats in and doesn't receive a response for a certain amount of time (say 5 minutes), there would be a bot response saying something like "No one is online to assist at this time, please leave your email and a message and we'll get back to you!"? If we can't have the auto away, this would be an option that would work for me!

TReiter

Agreed. This is table-stakes functionality for any chat service, but it's particularly egregious that it's missing from a service as expensive as Hubspot. 

r5-ng
Participant

+1'ing and looking for some kind of "auto-away" functionality like Gmail, Teams/Microsoft, and other competitors to HubSpot. Especially with the round-robin assignment of tickets (which we don't use), I'm not sure why this would not have been available by now.