HubSpot Ideas

MikeHuggins

Auto-detect 'away' feature for chat

The messages feature is tough to manage in a busy office. I'm the only key contact for online chat. And I have various other duties.

I'm often 'popping up' from my computer and forgetting to turn off chat. This is causing constant frustration to those seeking quick answers.

I know that other like propgams have an 'auto-away' type feature that detects when your computer is dormant for 2 - 3 minutes. If so it will automatically indicate that you are away and defaults to an email response. Of course it would be great for the feature to detect when you are back 'in-use' and switch back to live chat.

This would be a great feature to add.

71 Kommentare
AndrewPhelan
Mitglied

I'd second this idea, I think it's really necessary. Either that it auto-reverts to the Offline message, or if there is no engagement with the user from our end (e.g. if I'm away from PC answering a staff question) it sends an automated answer within X minutes, so that the end user doesn't feel ignored. 

CasperOng
HubSpot Employee

In some cases, an agent may forget to toggle on the "Away Status" before closing the browser and leaving work.

Because of this, it will be good to have a functionality that automatically toggles the "Away" status on after a period of time if:

• Agent does not reply to a chat after X amount of time.
  • Agent not in HubSpot inbox page after X amount of time.

chowes
Teilnehmer/-in

This is very, very useful. My team works on a different timezone than most of our customers and they like to sleep once in a while, so having something that automatically deals with the situation when no one responds for a few minutes would be hugely helpful. 

clioi
Stratege/Strategin

yes please! I think they are already working on this feature as the chat seems to be setting my end to 'away' randomly, which is quite annoying!

cfernandes
HubSpot Employee

It would be great if the system would automatically set the chat rep as away after a certain amount of inactivity (like 15min). This would help for someone who forgets to go away and leaves their desk to ensure they don't get a chat. 

nikkiv
Stratege/Strategin

I totally agree. We are a small organization and only have one individual managing the chat however he has many other duties that he attends to. He is getting pulled away from his computer periodically through the day and forgets to turn off his availability. Due to this chats are lingering out in the black hole of chat and it's creating a bad customer experience. 

IvanGuberkov
Mitglied

This feature is also sorely needed if you are using a chatbot on your website and would like to automatically direct visitors to a sales rep that is available. Or alternatively, provide a message that everybody is away at the moment.

Stellaivano
Teilnehmer/-in

I agree on this.

This idea has been submitted almost 1 year ago. Any news? We need this!

JessievanB
Mitglied

UP! We need this as well!

SuzeMars
Teilnehmer/-in | Platinum Partner

Agreed. We've had a few clients ask about this feature. An auto-timeout when the agent it routes to doesn't reply within X minutes would solve. Alternatively, it could set agents to away as Casper suggests. 

ashenton
Mitglied | Platinum Partner

I would also like to see this feature!

kpresto
Teilnehmer/-in

This is definitely a vital tool, whether done at the user level or chatflow level.

Wondering if anyone has any workarounds in the handoff messaging that have been at least helpful in managing the site visitor experience.

Codyrg2006
Teilnehmer/-in | Elite Partner

Yes, this is a must. It is especially frustrating when a sales rep from your team forgets to turn it off when they go home, then your chat appears outside of office hours all night! Please fix!

Codyrg2006
Teilnehmer/-in | Elite Partner

It would also help if an Admin was able to turn off other peoples availability. That way if a sales rep leaves and forgets to turn it off, the manager can review it and turn it off for everyone so it won't appear over night. 

nico12345
Mitglied

This feature would be great and help us better manage visitors' expectation. It's difficult for our sales team to remember to turn themselves away (both on desktop and mobile) and it results in some frustrated visitors, leads or clients. We're using the chatbot auto-assignment feature, not the regular live chat. 

cdavis10
Mitglied

If the chat bot could automatically recognise that the screen has been locked and then automatically sets to Away that would be the ideal scenario for me.

I am constantly up and away from my desk which means, to comply with our office GDPR regulations, I need to lock my screen regardless of how long I am away from my desk, so having to remember to switch my status to Away is really quite tiresome!

pjvpjv
Mitglied

Also, another way to detect someone as being away is if they receive a chat (sound played, etc.) and they don't do anything with it within 3 minutes, you assume they are busy or away and you set their status to away as a result. This way at least you don't have 5 people in a row getting no response because after the first site visitor is not replied to, their status goes to away.

mcostello
Mitglied

I am wondering why Hubspot have not implemented this as of yet. No one can be expected to remember to log out every day.

jsh58home
Mitglied

Adding our voice to the request. This should be standard functionality for a live customer support tool. 

edsvcs
Mitglied

Following