HubSpot Ideas

jesposito

Auto Save

Auto Save option for data updates under contacts and companies on the left column would save a plethora of time on a daily basis. 

30 Replies
Kelly18
Contributor

This would be an awesome feature. Some of our reps have lost important info because there is no autosave feature.

CGoodwinOlsen
Contributor

This would be a very useful feature! Our customer service team uses tickets, and eliminating the extra click to press save would be a welcome time-saver.

RjAdler

Yes!

JOutler

Yes, yes, yes. ATTN Hubspot: whether you like it or not, we're all trained on Google Docs/Sheets, etc., where autosave is now a reflexive behavior and expectation. Get with the program, please!

RjAdler
JOutler coming in hot with the shame approach. I think this could be
translated to your parents saying "we aren't mad, we're
just disappointed..." or "with a little bit more effort, bud, you could
really make something there, but the bare minimum really won't cut it
anymore..."

Ooohh... sorry. I may be projecting a bit here!

All Jokes aside, though, it would be GREAT if this was a feature!
LdelaTorrient

This is 2023, how is autosave not standard?

RjAdler
Amen to that
Kylo420

3 years and still no auto save on the Company and Contact sections. UGH!

RjAdler

I bet you half a sandwich we make it to 5 years Kylo420

ChadHorn

Is this possible yet? One of the first things our new sales reps asked for

HMilligan

Auto Save would be nice

mannymsj

adding for visibiility - we need auto save

RjAdler

Looks like we're still waiting...

anthony-w

YES!! I can't tell you how many times I've gone through our list of contacts and tidied up some data, only to find it had disappeared because I didn't hit the 'SAVE' button which is totally hidden in the bottom left of the screen, and SO easy to miss when you have a large monitor. Terrible UX. 

At the bare minimum, it should show a warning in the centre of the screen if you try to leave the page with unsaved edits.. Currently it allows you to leave the page and your changes are gone.

OR - Just add a setting somewhere in the settings, so it's optional for people to turn on/off globally.

RjAdler

What great comments Anthony. Please throw your experiences here in this empty bucket that HubSpot will never check but at least we feel better being in solidarity with one another. Unfortuantely that solidarity still leaves us unable to have a system that functions as smoothly as we like. 

ATench

Went into shock when I found out there was no auto-save in Hub Spot. Glad I'm just trying it.

WvanderGarde
Participant

@ATench the annoying thing is, that for most parts there is autosave, but for some parts there isn't, which causes all my coworkers to forget they have to save certain fields, and are looking for a save button in others. I really do not understand HubSpots reasoning for this.

ATench
there is an addon in chrome that autosaves hubspot. it works for now.
terribly adolescent, having addons made to fix easy flaws.
tleeinteg

Great idea, let's get this implemented @hubspot

GDawson96

Just writing a long task and having to remember to autosave from tme to time. Its ludicrous this needs sorting