HubSpot Ideas

UserLD

Auto-Save on Notes

It would be great to have the capability to auto-save notes.  I have lost some intel due to glitches in not being to save the note. Latest example was a note I took in a tab that sat for two days.  When I went back to that tab I realized the note was still up so I tried to save it but couldn't and the only option was to x-out.  I failed to copy the text so it is now gone forever.

Another idea would be the capability to collaborate with your team in real time.  Similar to Google Docs.  A guy can dream.

63 Replies
agoodson11

+ 1 to this idea. I can't tell you how many times I've clicked the x on a note, thinking it was autosaved like every other program that I use, and then the note is gooooone. 

Please autosave notes every couple of minutes of working on them! Look^^^ even while typing this note, it has the ability to autosave. *cries* 

LouiseHub01

I agree with the above.... it would be fantastic to have the capability to auto-save notes every couple of minutes.  When you are writing or adding to a note and then have to jump into another contact record and forget to scroll down to click on save, it's very fustrating when you loose the additional info or whole note is lost.  Please consider adding this function to HubSpot!

katecygan

It would also be great to auto-save properties when you're filling them out instead of having to hit "save" in the bottom. We use them for sales demos and if a rep loses internet or accidentally refreshes, they lose their work.

dbovs
Participant

After forgetting to save a Note within a contact, I then had to recreate the note, causing rework and extra time. Virtually all notes apps (Evernote), document tools (Word, Google, Pages) and other apps have the auto-save feature. Auto-save needs to be applied to Contacts, Companies, Deals, anything that manually gets updated in HubSpot, instead of the extra clicks of hitting Save and the wasted time needed to do the rework once one forgets to click Save.

CW24

+1 This would be an enormous value add. INow having had something similar happen to me, I can't trust entering my notes directly into HubSpot. Using other apps is inefficient and redundant. Ideally, this could all happen on HubSpot. Do any of the paid tiers offer this feature?

briborg
Participant

I have repeatedly lost info in notes for various reasons - an errant swipe of the mouse, accidental closing of the browser, etc. 

IT IS ABSOLUTELY ASININE NOT TO HAVE THIS DATA AUTO-SAVED!

HubSpot engineering, please get your s#@! together, this is standard stuff. I feel like I'm back in the late 90's in MS Word, having to remember to save my work manually every 10min in the event of a sudden app freeze or system crash. 

Oh - and look! You even have this on your feature request posts! WHY NOT ON YOUR CUSTOMER FACING APP??!!

Screen Shot 2021-01-15 at 11.15.55 PM.png

kelliego11
Participant | Platinum Partner

How is this not a feature yet?  Come on - please?!

EDietrich
Member | Partner

I've queued up some snippets to use for note-taking on discovery and sales calls, and really like that workflow.  But the lack of auto-save (and the fairly short timeout period) is kind of a deal breaker.  I'm trying to move more and more of my workflow into Hubspot, but notes feel like they're not ready for prime time, and I'm going to have to go back out of the platform and use One Note or Word or whatever.

PIbarra

Please make this a priority.

We have lost precious information due a a page reloading more times than we would like. 

We have so many programs running in the background, that sometimes we need to leave the note and come back, by then the page has reloaded and the information is nowhere to be found. 😢

For a CRM, you know/understand how important information is. 

RSallee

+1

Our office has spotty wifi and we struggle with the lack of auto-save functionality. We constantly lose notes and email/snippet templates. It would be really great to see HubSpot add this feature. 

P.S. It's quite ironic that this comment was auto-saved while I was in the middle of typing it.

ToddSail

+1 to this idea. We'd like to have the contact/deal forms auto-saving as they're edited. Our sales team is missing the save button from time to time because our previous CRM auto-saved as fields were completed.

EnriqueMenor

+1 I have just lost a huge 2,5h meeting notes for a deal that I took yesterday evening in real time during the same meeting. I had to leave my desktop urgently, so I did not save it, and now all that info is lost....as other user said before, I am feeling like back to 90's when you lost hours and hours of work for not autosaving work when using Word or Excel 😞

AAnderson83

@hubspot 

Guys seriously, this is so bad! I had VAs working for me that just presumed that it will be autosaved like in everything nowadays.

Until I figured out that they never saved Information of motnhs was lost!

PLEASE MAKE THIS FEATURE A AAA PRIORITY!

GregBrown1

I agree! This should just be a default feature. Please. please get on it. I have lost a lot of notes this way.

MDowe

I second this with notes! Another suggestion and this may be in another idea forum post too but auto-saving emails in HubSpot like you do with draft emails directly from Gmail and Outlook etc. 

AAnderson83

Yes, auto save emails as draft! Big time, idouble down on that idea! I lost so many emails already....

BPollastrini
Participant

I am just here to understand if this was me or actually the system. 

Notes are such an essential part that is unbelievable that a simple auto-save is not available these days.

How am I supposed to trust the platform if it does let me down when it comes to such an essential step in my clients journey?

Maciej

Same here. Yesterday I didn't save my long note about the company as part of the preparation for an important meeting, and I realised when I wanted to share it with my teammates. I even didn't get any prompt from the browser that there was some unsaved work.

It's counterintuitive these days that users need to remember manually saving such a crucial part of work. Where is user-friendliness here? Even writing this post, I see that it is constantly autosaving...

This is weird. Please, do something about it to improve your service!

PN-MyTrum

2022 is around the corner! Please have this much needed feature on your roadmap. Losing notes from connectivity or forced Windows Update restarts is very frustrating.

BHallett

Hubspot, please add this asap. This is a serious detractor against Hubspot's column when considering renewing our account.