HubSpot Ideas

sgrun

Auto-Import All Historical Email (Including Emails written BEFORE using Hubspot)

Many people want to start using Hubspot with their entire company's email history associated with the correct Hubspot Contact/Company, and visible to all Hubspot Users.

For many companies, historical email history is the *single* most important record of the interaction you and your colleagues have had with your customers and prospects.

This is a vital and common feature to other CRM's, like Close, Pipedrive, Zoho, SalesforceIQ, FreshSales...the list goes on.

The current solution that Hubspot offers is NOT effective. We need the import of emails to be A) automatic, and B) historical (including before we started using Hubspot). Logging, bcc, shared inboxes, etc., do not cut the mustard.

There are third-party companies that offer this, such as Threads, & MigrateMyCRM, but we all want a native Hubspot solution. The fact that multiple companies have built this should be a blinking neon sign highlighting just how much this is needed.

You can see people requesting this at:

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Gmail-Sales-Extension/How-to-import-history-emails-from-gmail/td-p/...

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Outlook-Sales-Extension/New-to-Hubspot-Log-old-emails-into-CRM-via-...

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Email-Marketing-Tool/Can-I-retrospectively-sync-pas-Outlook-Gmail-e...

So please, pretty please, with sugar on top. Build the *** Email Integration

sugar-on-top.jpg

HubSpot Updates
Not Currently Planned
March 19, 2021 04:49 PM

Hi everyone - Thanks so much for your comments and engagements on this thread. We take your feedback very seriously and have been tracking the popularity of this request. We don't currently have the bandwidth to tackle this work right now, so I'm updating the status of this idea to reflect that. Apologies that it's not better news, but I will be back here with an update if and when we are able to move forward with this!

February 16, 2021 02:14 PM

Once HubSpot Sales is installed with a connected personal email inbox, a user can enable the 'log' feature so when they send emails moving forward, those emails will automatically log inside a HubSpot contact.

But, what about past emails that were sent before the extension was installed?

Currently, the only way to 'log' previously sent emails is via the 'forward' feature and you must do that one-by-one on each individual email you want to forward.

My suggestion is to implement a bulk forward solution so users do not have to do this one-by-one. Thanks for the consideration! 

Reference https://knowledge.hubspot.com/settings/log-email-in-your-crm-with-the-bcc-or-forwarding-address

Idea Submitted
August 31, 2020 07:19 AM

Hi @sgrun,

I am the Product Manager for Marketing Email. Thank you for the submission and for all the upvotes. We are looking into this request and i will update the forum when I have more feedback for you. 

Best,

Shane

54 Replies
MIchael2021

Like most other people on here, it's an absolute dealbreaker if we cannot associate historic emails with individual customers.

We're looking to move from Pipedrive, who does this beautifully by the way. They make it look incredibly easy, so surely a CRM giant like HubSpot could implement this feature/facility in weeks, if not days.

As you are already able to connect with Office 365, wouldn't this be incredibly simple to achieve?

Pegasus74

Absolutely vital. Almost everything else is secondary to this feature. Please add it in 

DVanAllen

Third party companies that offer potential solutions include:

Buyer beware. I haven't researched any of these. Reply to this thread if you have expeience with any of them.

micweasy

I could not agree more with the necessity and priority for this feature. It's imo, and it seems like many people share that opinion, a show-stopper to migrate from more basic (and cheaper) tools like Pipedrive over to HubSpot. 

Can you provide an update on the progress for implementing this feature?

ARuffell
Participant

Totally agree with everything said here.  At least there should be an option to highlights the email required in Outlook and they use the Hubspot Outlook Add-in to bring them into the relevant HS contact's email history or to drag and drop these emails from Outlook to Hubspot somehow so that they populate in the relevant contacts HS email history.  We all know that EMAIL remains is the heart of all official written communications with a client including attached PPTs, PDFs and other files to support the sales and contracting process...it is ok I suppose to forget Slack, SMS, WhatsApp, Teams, etc...but not to expect a client who is moving onto Hubspot as its core Sales CRM solution to exclude all historic emails (which means all of your WIP) including the essential attachments they carry!  Someone in HS is clearly not thinking about how the migration and business transformation process really needs to work!  Such a shame!!!  

SVandeVelde

Crucial feature

EAldridge
Participant

Absolutely agree. This was a surprise for us after deciding to move from Pipedrive to Hubspot. Our sales team has lost years of historical email with contacts and hours of productivity time going back and forth between two systems (not to mention the cost of maintaining 2 CRMs). We are looking for a way to use the API to bring historical emails and activities in, but again, this is an additional cost that was not scoped during our decision-making process to move to Hubspot in the first place. 

JeroenRozenberg

Agreed, We used to work with Zoho, and there with a IMAP connection, Zoho would show all e-mails sent and received on a contact in the e-mails sections. All e-mails of all users in Zoho would appear here. This would allow us to be able to understand all conversations that happened in the past with this curtomer, to understand where they are and how they are doing and if there are any issues that need to be resolved or have been resolved. Is there any such a feature in HubSpot today?

JBigbee
Participant

This is absolutely vital and it is INSANE that hubspot doesn't have this feature. We just did a domain name change and a months worth of emails didn't get logged. Now we have to either manually log the emails via copy and pasting 1by1 or we need to use the forwarding feature -- which will **bleep** up our CRM because the activity date for those emails is the day the email was forwarded, not the date the email was actually sent. 

tasno

Totally agree with the others. HubSpot should natively support (one-click) email logging for an existing inbox, i.e, messages sent/received prior to HubSpot sign-up. Ideally one can log an email and/or an email thread seemlessly.

In my previous job this was not issue using Salesforce (with LinkPoint360 and Salesforce native Outlook extension). Please implement it. Thanks.

THebbur

This is an extremely important feature. I am surprised, it's not there yet. 

BSchäble

Ich war heute tatsächlich sogar etwas entsetzt, als mir ihr Vertriebsmitarbeiter sagte, dass Hubspot zwar eine IMAP anbribung hat, jedoch das e Mail Postfach wohl gar nicht nutzt.  

der IMAP Zugang zu einem Postfach ermöglicht normal den Zugriff auf alle Mails in diesem Postfach, warum werden vergangene e mails dann nicht den bestehenden Kontalten zugeordnet, zumindest sofern dieser Kontakt im CRM gespeichert ist. 

Es ist doch essenziell, es ist dich der Grund, warum man ein CRM system nutzt, dass mann ALLE Daten zu einem Kunden an einem Ort hat. 

Warum ist da bei Hubspot nicht so, obwohl die Funktion mit IMEP sogar vorhanden ist.

Bildschirmfoto 2023-05-10 um 11.25.10.png

BSchäble

ich habe noch bis zum 12.06. Zeit für die Entscheidung zu Hubspot zu wechseln. 

dass ich alle e mails zu einem Kunden auch beim Kunden habe ist ein MUST HAVE für mich. 

PStadniuk

Hi is there any plan to update this? I feel like it's such an important feature for any customers looking to move over from other CRM's to Hubspot. I have so much communication in Pipedrive that is incredibly important to my sales organization. To have to go in manually and update each contact is just not feasible with 500+ contacts.