HubSpot Ideas

brad_webb

Audio Settings default

It would be very helpful to be able to control and save within hubspot audio speaker settings. As an example, i'd like my browser to always play through my TV speakers (aka PC speakers), but when i make a call in hubspot, I'd like my audio to be on my jabra headset by default. It allows me to make that change today but i have to make it on each and every call which is a pain. 

17 Comentários
SChester
Participante

Yes, other web based solutions let you select the default so you don't have to pick it each time. Would be nice if this could be added to Hubspot calling too.

JGamel
Membro

I agree! Has anyone found a way to do this?

jstitt
Membro

I have talked to technical support, this configuration option is not available. We need to post more here to escalate it up the wish list.

For the Record: I do not technically beleive this is a feature to be escalated but a component that supports a feature already developed. I hope the development team will take that into consideration and please enhance the already exisitng feature of "Call".

Thanks

danschroer
Membro | Parceiro Diamante

Agree with all.    Unless I am missing something,  you can only change the audio source after you dial, which is a problem if it lists multiple sources.   I don't see a way to control the default in HubSpot- unless we can this seems like a poor option to use Hubspot to place calls. 

JennPape
Colaborador(a)

I also neeeeeed this!!! Having to manually adjust the calling to route through my headset every time (because I don't want my entire system audio through headset) is annoying.  There's already a drop down menu - let us choose a default setting! 

ChrisS12
Membro

Please add this ASAP.  The functionality of not having a default selection is silly when there are users with multiple options available for calling.  The manual change every call is very inefficent. 

TSchmidt1
Participante

I am embarrassed for HubSpot to not have this. How can you have a serious solution without this basic configuration? 

JamesEv
Membro

It is so frustrating to have to select audio mic and headset every time I make a call, it should be able to set a default and always use this. Every video software and VoIP provider does this , why doesn't hubspot??

CBrown7
Membro

Did this get fixed? 

I cant be changing to my headset on every single call   

It will mean hubspot has to go 

CBrown7
Membro

Ok so  heres how I solved it    its not elegant but it works.   

Click the start menu in the lower left corner of the screen. Start typing in "Sound" in the search bar and select "Sound". In the window that pops up, select the speaker you want set as your default and then click "Set Default"

MKennedy5
Membro

Yes, this seems to be a no brainer. If you cant set the defaults and your default settings are not what you prefer, then every call you have to select your audio and microphone which is very time consuming. Please update this ASAP, would definitely be useful as the calling feature in hubspot for me is useless without being able to set it. Even if I update my computer devices, hubspot is not recognizing the new default either.

JMontoyaIII
Membro

I have talked to technical support, this configuration option is not available which sounds RIDICULOUS! We need to post more here to escalate it up the wish list.

For the Record: I do not technically believe this is a feature to be escalated but a component that supports a feature already developed. I hope the development team will take that into consideration and please enhance the already existing feature of "Call".

It is so frustrating to have to select an audio mic and headset every time I make a call, it should be able to set a default and always use this. Every video software and VoIP provider does this, why doesn't HubSpot??

brad_webb
Membro
Couldn't agree more...and you see how long ago my post was, lots of folks giving thumbs up, but nada from the dev team..

JMontoyaIII
Membro

FYI - I was just able to fix this issue (without the help of HubSpot) by going into my device's setting and changing the default setting to headset instead of computer. I'm no longer having to change the setting after every call. 

AccountKit_Matt
Membro

HS allows you to change the settings but only after the phone call has started which is very silly. If you are using headphones that are set to stereo in the default system settings you can not hear anything during phone calls. You then have to change mid-call and by that time the client may have already picked up the phone. 

There needs to be complete flexibility and customisation about which Mic and Speakers we're going to use during phone calls... BEFORE placing the call. 

KLugo
Membro

^ Agree to what has been posted. I cannot even change the settings per-call until the call is connected, which means I sometimes miss the recipient pick up the line while my system switches from PC speakers to headphones. If nothing else, HubSpot should use the DEFAULT COMMUNICATIONS DEVICE instead of the DEFAULT DEVICE.

KLugo_0-1678724324329.png

Artie
Membro

A simple solution that worked for me was to change the controls on my computer to use a USB or any other suitable device.