HubSpot Ideas

AlexMackrill

Attributing ads to HubSpot Campaigns

It should be possible (based on the data already pulling into HubSpot through the ads portal) to attribute ad sets to HubSpot campaigns.

That would enable the campaign reports to not only show the ads that belonged to that campaign (currently you have to manually enter a budget), but also what the actual spend and ROI for those ads is.

HubSpot Updates
In Planning
March 11, 2021 06:53 AM

Hi folks,

I’m Katie, the Senior Product Manager for HubSpot’s Ads tool.

Thank you all for taking the time to submit, upvote, and comment on this Idea. I'm happy to report that this Idea is now In Planning! This means that our engineers are actively building this feature.

The product development process is always filled with unexpected bumps and hurdles, so I can't give a timeline, but I am confident in saying we'll deliver this feature as soon as possible.

All updates will be relayed on this thread, so stay tuned!

Best,

Katie

4 Replies
reTyre
Participant

I was surprised this isn't a feature! Ads are a major part of campaigns, makes no sense we can't connect them aside from tracking links.

katie_koenig
HubSpot Product Team

Hi folks,

I’m Katie, the Senior Product Manager for HubSpot’s Ads tool.

Thank you all for taking the time to submit, upvote, and comment on this Idea. I'm happy to report that this Idea is now In Planning! This means that our engineers are actively building this feature.

The product development process is always filled with unexpected bumps and hurdles, so I can't give a timeline, but I am confident in saying we'll deliver this feature as soon as possible.

All updates will be relayed on this thread, so stay tuned!

Best,

Katie

NicoleSengers
Guide | Elite Partner

Hi @AlexMackrill 

I see that HubSpot have released the following which should solve your problem.

[Now Live] Associate your Ads with your Marketing Campaigns

14 May 2021

What is it?

An update that makes it possible to associate your Ads with marketing campaigns inside HubSpot.

Why does it matter?

As your team grows, your reach and impact grows too. Your campaigns go from from single-channel to multi-channel. This means it's critical for the campaigns tool to be able to connect with all marketing assets you're creating in HubSpot, including Ads.

How does it work?

Click into a Campaign and select "Add assets" in the top-right and find a new category, "Ad Campaigns". From here you'll see you Google, Facebook and LinkedIn ad campaigns and be able to associate them with that marketing campaign:

This both consolidates the the ads under a new group in the "Performance" tab of the campaign, and provides an overview of the ad performance:

We are also working on making it possible to do this association in reverse, picking a marketing campaign from within the Ads tool directly. Stay tuned!

Note: Today the "Influenced Contacts" number does not reflect interactions on Ads. We are working on an upgrade to the Influenced Contacts report that will make it possible to customise this number further, and bring in ad data, and more.

cristiansw

Thank you for this! Now, can I add to this idea that we need the ability to add LinkedIn individual campaigns as HubSpot campaign assets, in addition to LinkedIn Campaign Groups? Not all ads on a LinkedIn Campaign Group necessarily belong to the same HubSpot Campaign.