HubSpot Ideas

EBauer

Attachments are practically unusable (unsearchable)

If a company wants to use HubSpot as its system of record for CRM it needs to have the ability to be the repository of all documents related to its customers.  Contracts, NDAs, MOUs, SOWs, etc. etc. etc.

As it exists now, HubSpot's "attachment" feature (for Companies, Deals, Contacts, etc.) is not a fitting document repository.  At the very least, I need the ability to search for an Attachment by file name - which does not seem to be supported.  I spent so long today searching for an NDA - going to the Company record...continually hitting "Show More"...scanning the list of partial file names for NDA...eventually finding it at the Deal level (because it wasn't associated with the Company).

I can think of so many ways to improve HubSpot's Attachment feature, but for now I'm going to keep it to "as an account executive who needs to find a particular file associated with a Company, Deal, or Contact I want to be able to search for the file by its filename".

If you want some more ideas to improve (although there are several obvious ways) I would refer you to the 8 related ideas that have been submitted on this topic in the past 12 months:

HubSpot Updates
In Beta
April 03, 2024 11:19 AM

Hello! Thank you to everyone that volunteered to participate in the Attachments Beta. We have now enabled the new attachments functionality for all those that expressed an interest. With this Beta, we give users a robust file management system on records. You can now:

• Bubble up the files you care most about by sorting, searching and filtering your attachments.
  • Rename your attachments and take bulk file actions such as download and delete.
  • View a lot of the file metadata that was previously unavailable to you such as upload date, source and file type.

We look forward to getting your feedback via a Customer Satisfaction survey that will pop up when you interact with the new attachments card. As always, we love customer feedback and use that to inform future product direction so please keep that feedback coming!

In Beta
March 11, 2024 10:14 AM

We have an exciting update! We are preparing for a private beta for the new and improved record attachments experience. This experience will include an expanded table view for all record attachments with details like file type, source, size, uploaded date AND enable users to filter/search/sort their attachments to bubble up the files they care most about.

We are looking for a small pool of customers who may want early access to the new experience and be willing to share feedback with us. Please submit your details in the google form if you're interested in the Beta and and we will automatically grant you access to the new attachments experience the week of 4/1.

In Planning
October 12, 2023 01:19 AM

Hello HubSpot Community,

As we work towards designing a robust file management system for records, we are looking to connect with members of the community who may be interested in providing feedback on a few potential solutions. At HubSpot we heavily lean on this customer feedback to inform our solution designs and product direction. Please submit this form to let us know if you would be open to engaging via a call or over email and we will reach back out to you. 

Look forward to connecting with you. 

- Tania

Being Reviewed
August 30, 2023 02:01 PM

Hello HubSpot Community,

Thank you for your continued feedback and patience during the lengthy radio silence on this thread. We hear you loud and clear. Our team is currently researching and prioritizing the work required to enhance attachments. I can confirm that enhancements to attachments are coming soon. However, I am unable to share precise details around delivery timelines at this time. I will keep the community updated on the broader thread here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Attachments-Section-Improvements/idi-p/577414. We will also continue to monitor the use cases submitted on this thread as we work towards delivering a solution so please keep the feedback coming.

Thank you as always for your patience and continued feedback, it helps us shape our roadmap and build a better product.

- Tania

7 Replies
FJSchafer
Participant

As a technical support agent using Service Hub, being able to sort and search for uploaded log files would be helpful. For supported file types, a preview option would also be helpful without needing to open a new tab or window.

AWoo

I agree. It is frustrating and time consuming to open each and every attachment in order to see what it is.

We need a view that is similar to "Contacts" full list. 

Hubspot:  Can you enable users to (1) view all attachments in one list, (2) view the entire title of each attachment, (3) preview an attachment.

TaniaBagga
HubSpot Product Team

Hello HubSpot Community,

Thank you for your continued feedback and patience during the lengthy radio silence on this thread. We hear you loud and clear. Our team is currently researching and prioritizing the work required to enhance attachments. I can confirm that enhancements to attachments are coming soon. However, I am unable to share precise details around delivery timelines at this time. I will keep the community updated on the broader thread here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Attachments-Section-Improvements/idi-p/577414. We will also continue to monitor the use cases submitted on this thread as we work towards delivering a solution so please keep the feedback coming.

Thank you as always for your patience and continued feedback, it helps us shape our roadmap and build a better product.

- Tania

TaniaBagga
HubSpot Product Team

Hello HubSpot Community,

As we work towards designing a robust file management system for records, we are looking to connect with members of the community who may be interested in providing feedback on a few potential solutions. At HubSpot we heavily lean on this customer feedback to inform our solution designs and product direction. Please submit this form to let us know if you would be open to engaging via a call or over email and we will reach back out to you. 

Look forward to connecting with you. 

- Tania

DVerdyck
Participant

I find that salesforce manages this in a better way. It might be smart for Hubspot to take a look at their system.

TaniaBagga
HubSpot Product Team

We have an exciting update! We are preparing for a private beta for the new and improved record attachments experience. This experience will include an expanded table view for all record attachments with details like file type, source, size, uploaded date AND enable users to filter/search/sort their attachments to bubble up the files they care most about.

We are looking for a small pool of customers who may want early access to the new experience and be willing to share feedback with us. Please submit your details in the google form if you're interested in the Beta and and we will automatically grant you access to the new attachments experience the week of 4/1.
TaniaBagga
HubSpot Product Team

Hello! Thank you to everyone that volunteered to participate in the Attachments Beta. We have now enabled the new attachments functionality for all those that expressed an interest. With this Beta, we give users a robust file management system on records. You can now:

• Bubble up the files you care most about by sorting, searching and filtering your attachments.
  • Rename your attachments and take bulk file actions such as download and delete.
  • View a lot of the file metadata that was previously unavailable to you such as upload date, source and file type.

We look forward to getting your feedback via a Customer Satisfaction survey that will pop up when you interact with the new attachments card. As always, we love customer feedback and use that to inform future product direction so please keep that feedback coming!