HubSpot Ideas

SComeau

Attachment Storage/Respository

We really need the ability to see all documents or attachments associated with a company. There needs to be some sort of document management system. We can't report on it or even find how many are associated with each to easily locate something. Once it is uploaded you must scroll and download every file!! Its ridiculous. The name of the file is also so short that you have to hover over everything. Please fix this.

12 Replies
amandafann
Contributor

+1  In our case, using attachments with the Gmail integration means that every social icon, logo, or other image in signatures, in addition to every attachment sent, gets logged to the Associated Records making it extremely difficult to find the actual file you're looking for.  

Ideally: 

- filter Objects by attachment

- bulk delete attachments

- A way to either complete a Task and/or Trigger a workflow action based on whether an attachment has been added (maybe if it contains a specific file name?) -- use case: we need to attach an NDA to a Deal or Company. Would be great to have a Task that could be checked off if this is done, or a workflow that could then trigger the next step when the NDA is added. 

FMaher
Contributor

+1. A workflow trigger based on the type of attachment added to a deal.

When a file is attached to a deal, a pop up window displays asking to tick what the attachment type is (ie; proposal, NDA, contract, counter signed contract, onboarding form, etc). The attachment types could be set in deal properties similar to a drop-down property. The point is that the 'attachment type' property displays when an attachment is added to a deal so the user doesn't forget to select something from the property.

Then an attachment type can be set as a deal workflow trigger.

We have various departments which need to be notified when specific files are attached to a deal. At the moment we can only base a trigger on a custom property that has to be manually set when the file is attached (if the user remembers - often they forget, which means the workflow is not triggered).

TBoyd21

I echo this sentiment. The view for attachments is very narrow and currently there isn't a way to enlarge the view, or open a full view of the attachments section. We really need this increased functionality and it seems this would be something simple for Hubspot to implement. If you're looking for companies to make Hubspot the repository of all communications, emails, documents, attachments, etc. we need a way to better manage all the documents uploaded that go along with that. Currently we can't see full views of the attachments section and we can't search for documents. It is very difficult finding a specific document you want by just scrolling in the very narrow and limited menu on the right side of the page. At least allow a full page view, or add it to the center section of the customer page where we can view Activity, Notes, Emails, Calls, Tasks, and Meetings. There could be a tab added for Attachments which would give an expanded view and time line for the attachments. We could see when it was uploaded, who uploaded it, the full name of the document, the document type, and what deal and contact it was attached to. An interim fix could simply be adding attachment actions to the activities view. Attachments upload date, document name and person who uploaded could be seen and could be search criteria. 

SComeau
Top Contributor

@TBoyd21 , YES! All of that. I really can't believe they haven't fixed this yet. The work around I have been having my Sales team use is to not upload the attachment in the attachment section, but upload it as a note and then write the description of the document in the note. Since they show up in chronological order it makes it much easier to find them. It doesn't solve all of the other issues but for now it is a workaround for visibility purposes. Your idea is spot on!

TBoyd21

@SComeau

That's a great workaround! Thank you for replying. I'm going to propose it to my boss, to see if they would be willing to do that. 

MW96
Participant

+1 

PAtlan
Contributor

+1

OBulava

+ 1

VMazurenko

+ 1

IAndryushin

+1

BennyP
Contributor

+1 on all of this. Hubspot do we have any update? 

I'm now working on applying stage gates to a pipeline and it's not possible to surface attachements, which adds another duplication of effort for the Sales Team. For example, I want to make sure that, for a deal to be sent from stage #3 to stage #4, a business case has to be sent and attached to the deal. 

I am currently not able to do that because I cannot surface attachements in workflows 

PDavies

+1 for me!

When viewing attachments that are assigned to a deal, why not use the entire page rather than a tiny portion of the available screen??

IMHO it would be better to open a live preview, much the same way that Trello does. Opening another page is rather counter intuitive.

To add, what has been mentioned previous, please expand file name characters to allow the box to showcase more of the filename so that you don't have to hover over the attachment to see what they are.

Thanks