HubSpot Ideas

alivia

Attaching Offline contacts to a campaign

Hey,

We need to be able to attach contacts we upload to a campaign in Hubspot.

Let's face it, not many companies are 100% online, we all go to events and attend conferences where we get contacts, or even do hosted paid and are given lists of contacts (who have downloaded our content, not outbound).

Salesforce allows us to attach contacts to a campaign with a workflow, could be an idea.

It would also be useful to be able to attach contacts to a campaign for "deal source" purposes > when we send an MQL to an SDR, they get in touch, and the person forwards them to someone else in th company, so we can also attach that person to the source campaign!

Because I don't have this posisbility, I have created a set of altnerate custom sources to track my marketing activities ROI and it is not fun.

Please find a way of doing this!

Cheers,

Alivia

154件のコメント
dsecareanu
トップ投稿者 | Solutions Partner

Excellent idea. We also have lots of external or partner or co-branded events from where we get lists of contacts that we import into HubSpot. You can add static lists to campaigns though, so that is a workaround, but you cannot associate an external marketing event to a campaign either (i.e. a zoom webinar or something similar).

CEra533
メンバー

It seems like the Beta that was released simplest works if you have a Sales expert plan. What are the plans for rolling out this beta inside the Marketing hub? It's type of unusual to be that this become only rolled out for Sales hub seeing that I assume loads of folks in the Marketing hub would need to use this option.

magmct
メンバー

THIS is much needed for accurate reporting of offline conversions. Please include this in the next product update!
Thanks,

MTBCybermaniacs
メンバー

We just kicked off a startup... but have used Salesforce for 8 years in my other company.

I have to say I am floored that Hubspot simply doesn't have the ability to assign / associate a contact with a campaign. This should be at the top of your priorities going into 2022. This ability is essential to my enterprise sales and partner sales teams are going to need. Please put some serious time and thought into this. It cannot be that hard to write some simple code to punch a contact from a list or from the contact view itself and associate with a campaign. Thanks for your time and consideration. 

MMetros5
投稿者

How on earth is this not a feature...

VirginiaB1
参加者

Yes! Please explain how on earth this is not a feature (#same @MMetros5). It is mind-boggling.

SArnoldRFX
メンバー

OMG, how is this not yet a capability?  I have been asking for this for  YEARS!!

SHungate
メンバー

Hi @hubspot team! Are there any updates on this? I would also really need this option to add offline sources to the campaign report. Thanks

SArnoldRFX
メンバー

@SHungate if you create a static list, then add that list as an "Asset" to the Campaign, any deals the contacts in that static list are associated with will give deal attribution to the campaign. Of course, someone has to manually add the contacts to the list, but the rest works pretty well.

kaious
トップ投稿者

@SArnoldRFX @SHungate A static list is a good work around if you just want to associate the contacts with the campaign, unfortunately it doesn't give you the ability to distinguish between leads created by a campaign vs existing leads that were influenced by the campaign.

We ended up using a dummy form submission to associate lead creation with campaigns, which is a bit of a messy workaround, but worth the effort if you're wanting to track create and influence attribution separately - details of what we did here if you're interested

mikr
投稿者

We desperately need this feature for our reporting. Because also simple workarounds for reporting don't work e.g. having a report on several selected lists and show the lifecycle stage per list (instead of campaign). Why is this feature still in Idea submitted after more than four years?

KWhelan
投稿者

Yep.. chiming in here. I noticed that when I added a list of webinar leads from a partner to a campaign via static list, it lists them as "influenced by" not "first touch". This is not accurate.

Sounds like this is not a case of human error on my part.. 

mikr
投稿者

@KWhelanNo it is not a mistake from your side. The solution @kaious suggested here is a good workaround for your use case.

Yupvoted
HubSpot Employee

Now that physical events are commonplace, it is important that customers are able to import the contacts into campaigns and mark them as new contacts. Presently, they are all reflected as influenced contact but that is not the case as they are new contacts that came in from the event. 

sabuein
参加者

We absolutely need this as well. Many of our contacts come from offline sources due to marketing efforts, allowing us to do this, can help a lot with reporting. 

HollowayR
参加者

This request has only been open and begged for since 2017, appears it is something HS doesn't care about. Very frustrating for a company that suggests we do everything we can to delight our customers...

I feel like I'm constantly creating workarounds for when HS just doesn't quite fit.

MFranken5
メンバー

@Shay Can you comment if the team has addressed/fixed the multitude of issues related to offline contacts and campaign attribution in your latest Marketing Hub improvements? 

Rgagnon
メンバー
No - this has not been fixed. I put this original post out there several years ago and people keep replying about how much we need it.
MFranken5
メンバー

@Rgagnon  Are you at Inbound and do you have confirmation they still haven't addressed this in the new updates that were announced. 

Rgagnon
メンバー
I am not at inbound. It's my understanding from the multiple posts on this thread requesting this upgrade that it has not occurred and that they keep proposing "work arounds"