HubSpot Ideas

alivia

Attaching Offline contacts to a campaign

Hey,

We need to be able to attach contacts we upload to a campaign in Hubspot.

Let's face it, not many companies are 100% online, we all go to events and attend conferences where we get contacts, or even do hosted paid and are given lists of contacts (who have downloaded our content, not outbound).

Salesforce allows us to attach contacts to a campaign with a workflow, could be an idea.

It would also be useful to be able to attach contacts to a campaign for "deal source" purposes > when we send an MQL to an SDR, they get in touch, and the person forwards them to someone else in th company, so we can also attach that person to the source campaign!

Because I don't have this posisbility, I have created a set of altnerate custom sources to track my marketing activities ROI and it is not fun.

Please find a way of doing this!

Cheers,

Alivia

154 Replies
KimHaimovic

Hi. This is essential! We attend many tradeshow and must be able to associate our leads lists from events with the relevant campaign in Hubspot!

Thanks

Rgagnon

I send emails segmented by campaign for new listings each week -- a LOT of them.  While the body is switched out with HTML code, the actual campaign and the lists are consistent. 

In our world, a campaign and a list is equal to a market that should receive the email. 

Like this:

Tuesday -- Listing 5000 goes to List MW - Campaign MW

Thursday - Listing 5050 goes to list MW - Campaign MW

The struggle I'm having is that as our listing count grows and campaigns grow, our 'schedulers" are making errors in booking these so it's very difficult to track. 

Is there a way to TIE specific lists to specific campaigns as my lists are always being updated and then when I choose the campaign, HS knows what list to use?  I asked support and they said no, but I thought someone might have a work around. 

In the case that can't happen, can the template be created to include the correct list and correct campaign and then just have the base content updated each time?

I need a way to organize this.  I look at the calendar and I see all these emails going out but when someone picks the wrong list but right campaign, the only way to know is to individually click and "re-check" every single email.  Same thing if they choose the right list but wrong campaign.  That's what we're resorting to doing and it seems like such a waste of time. 

Any other way to "game" the system for the same result?  The other issue is that each market doesn't receive an email every single day.  Some markets get Tuesday/Thurs.  Others get Mon/Wed, etc. Like this:

Tues/Thurs MW

Tues/Thurs  GA

Wed/Fri TX

I would appreciate any suggestions. 

William3

We need asap.

We have many events not online, and need to attach those leads to our online campaigns.

cmcthorne

I've been using Hubspot for 4 years now at various companies, all of which generate a high proportion of their leads from offline sources. I'm amazed Hubspot haven't resolved this yet

kristibjornaas
Contributor

Alivia - I would LOVE your workaround. my email is kbjornaas@reachforce.com

I feel like this should be a no brainer and fairly easy to execute by being able to associate a list to a campaign similar to that of anyother asset (LP, Form, blog etc). Might need to add a new list type.

Offline or engagement not supported or tracked by HubSpot is essential to measuring influence. 

MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

Q: Attaching Offline contacts to a campaign? (as an 'Influenced Contact')

Short A: Send a 'thank you' or 'nice to meet you' email to the imported list of offline contacts via a workflow (important) and attach the workflow to a campaign.

Longer A:

When sent via a workflow attached to a campaign, email opens by contacts on the imported list of offline contacts causes each contact to be counted by that campaign as an 'Influenced Contact' (not a 'New Contact'), and yields trackable data on multiple levels.

-1- At the campaign level

-2- At the workflow level

-3- At the email level

-4- At the utm_campaign parameter level (if used)

e.g., The utm_campaign parameter for this campaign is: examples-hubSpot-community-forum.

Having a contact appear in a campaign (and on attribution reporting) as an 'Influenced Contact' may be helpful. However, it's not a solution to associate a contact with a HubSpot campaign as a 'New Contact'.

Joshua_McQueen
Contributor

+1 for this idea. We need this for trade shows, workshops, webinars and more.

mark-franken
Participant

Frank, that is a roundabout way to get them in a campaign, but it really doesn't solve the issue. Most of these contacts are likely new to the system and you want this offline activity to show as their first touch conversion and first converting campaign. Adding them to another workflow or activity that's associated to the campaign can't fix it. Their original source detail will always be wrong. 

Jonah-kai
Participant

+1 - this would be ideal.

LukeMiddendorf

HubSpot, please add this.  It would be a very valuable feature.

LiorK

Yes - we need this capability! 

alyssacarter
Contributor

Yes yes yes pretty please!

EditaB

This is also an issues for us - we do a lot of events and often need to associate offline contacts with a campaign, which also contains e.g. social media posts. 

I saw there are some ways to get around (e.g. importing contacts via a form), which are rather cumbersome. 

After an event, we usually do not send generic email but rather personalised ones directly throught the contact field and there cannot be attached to a campaign.

Please, HubSpot, solve this issue. 

MdeRada

This is also really important for us, specially for tradeshows as some of you mentioned. We need to associate pre-existing contacts with a campaign, as well as adding contacts and lists to a pre-existing campaign. 

Padix
Participant

We need this, please. There are just so many times we have to add "offline" contacts to Campaigns... I can't track the ROI of certain campaigns at the moment.

felix_hau

Can we have this please?

tibc

Why is this not a thing yet!? We need this asap.

MdeRada

I can't believe we still don't have this functionality. We invest so much on trade shows and offline events and then we can't track the campaign on Hubspot. We can't really do anything manually because the list of contacts is way too big and it would take me ages to add all the contacts. 

It would be good to share the idea internally with more users so that it can have more votes. 

WilliamMeeks
Participant

I echo what the others are saying here.  There has to be an easy way to associate a list or group of contacts from an offline source event to be able to track and further drip on without having a digital event being the means of tracking.  This happens frequently with trade shows, conferences, fundraisers, and any other live "human interaction" event where business cards are handed out and promised to connect.  How else do we organize such a status quo business process???

alyssacarter
Contributor

Agreed!