HubSpot Ideas

veronicatavares

Upload new Document while personalizing Sequence or Template send

My company often sends invoices, specifications, or finishes of our products via email with an attachment. This changes on a per client basis. We would like to be able to attach documents to a template or sequence in the editing phase right before sending. 

65 Replies
roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team

Hey @veronicatavares this already exists as a Sales Pro feature, you can check out the Documents tool here: An overview of Documents

veronicatavares

Hi @roisinkirby, we spoke with May from hubspot over chat and were told to suggest this as an idea as it does not exit. When personalizing the sequence, we would like to be able to attach something. That is currently not possible. It would be great to be able to attach things to email as a personalization and not as the standard for the sequence/template.

Please refer to Support Ticket #528734

rebeccanoyes

My business would benefit greatly given the ability to insert unique images into HubSpot email sequences. For example, I send a sequence to customer A and utilize a unique image for customer A, while using the same sequence for customer B but utilizing a different unique image for customer B. This allows me to customize the sequence for each customer, just as I would edit text in the sequence for each unique customer. 

At present, I am using stand-alone emails beyond the sequence to insert and send unique images to customers, but it is a real pain! Would love for HubSpot to integrate images into its sequence platform. 

mark_nextgen

THsi feature would be very desirable, any movement on it? 

nikkiv
Top Contributor

I agree this would be a nice feature. You can add documents but I would like to personalize certain emails with specific documents. Can I suggest this as a feature?

roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team

jennbudins

I learned today from a HubSpot employee that you can do this by pasting your image in gmail and then copy/paste it into the sequence in the CRM. I tried it and it works. Didn't work when I copy/pasted it from Word but Gmail it worked.

This is obviously not ideal since it's an additional step but a workaround in the meantime while HubSpot hopefully adds the 'Add image' function to the Sequence editing in the CRM. 🙂

Eumari
Contributor

This will be def great to have. Sequences are not personalized and part of doing this while enrolling contacts on a sequence is adding doccuments we woul want them to see. I vote for this!

Mirsky

Having the ability to personalize the sequence by adding an attachment would be extremely helpful for our sales reps. It would be unideal to consistently have to change our "templates" just to use "Sequences."

Kanefire
Contributor

Also need this...come on Hubspot, I'm finding way too many things missing!

ilarabinowitz
Participant

I need this badly!!! Would be a game changer for our sales process.

CaptainWasHere
Participant

We REALLY need this!! We are sending quotes all day long. I want to get my sales team to all use sequences, but can't without adding this feature. I'd use documents IF they could be saved and private just to that rep. Reps send Invoices and Quotes that only pertain to that one customer, that one order. No need to flood our Documents folder with that and share it with everyone. 

PLEASE give us the ability to add attachmetns to Sequences.  AND for HubSpot users to have their own private documents. 

LauraA
Contributor

Add my voice to the chorus. I wasted time creating a sequence assuming I would, of course, be able to attach something. Seems like an oversight; a sequence email should be treated the same as any other email.

ReubenC

Yes agreed any update on progress with this?

jordanpevans

+1 for the quote/invoice process. Want to send attach file to an email in the personalization phase of a sequence.

CaptainWasHere
Participant

@veronicatavares - No, we cannot do this yet. Please do NOT shut this down.  

We are all asking for the ability to ATTACH a document that's specific to that chain, such as a quote or invoice.  We do not need to link a HubSpot document such as a datasheet, which we already do have the ability to do. 

This is a big flaw that is stoping us from using sequences for everything that we planned: Quoting, Estimating, Invoicing

RomanT

Please, when will this be added?

mark_nextgen

How long before this becomes a reality?

Mirsky

Will this feature be available soon? It would  be really helpful!

nickallen

+1 for this please hubspot. Would love to attach quickly printed off invoices/quotes without having to upload them to hubspot documents first every time.