HubSpot Ideas

Mo_

Associations (Currently in Beta): 2nd idea: Contacts filter by label

Ability to use the created labels under Contacts associations as a condition in the "If/then Branch" in a workflow and enrollemnt triggers. Currently an option in other objects, not in Contacts.

HubSpot Updates
March 24, 2022 11:19 AM

Hey @Mo_ , 

My name is Kirsten and I work in HubSpot support. I came across your post while working on a request.

Some uses are already possible for labels in if/then branches. E.g. when associating companies to deals using different labels, you can use if/then branches in company workflows to check only those deals for which the company is associated to the deal with a certain label. If this does not cover your use case, please feel free to share more details or a specific example for your use case here for the product team.

Example: checking for all deals with deal stage "closed won" in pipeline "Webshop" but only for deals where the company is associated as "dealer"

If then branch.png  

Best,

Kirsten

4 Replies
Kidomu
HubSpot Product Team

Hey @Mo_ , 

My name is Kirsten and I work in HubSpot support. I came across your post while working on a request.

Some uses are already possible for labels in if/then branches. E.g. when associating companies to deals using different labels, you can use if/then branches in company workflows to check only those deals for which the company is associated to the deal with a certain label. If this does not cover your use case, please feel free to share more details or a specific example for your use case here for the product team.

Example: checking for all deals with deal stage "closed won" in pipeline "Webshop" but only for deals where the company is associated as "dealer"

If then branch.png  

Best,

Kirsten

Mo_
Participant

@Kidomu Great! I didn't know that, thanks for the information.

This is exactly what I was looking for, however, our use case multiple (labeled) Deals associated with a Contact where the required condition is to check for a Deal with specific label, in order to change a specific property under the Contact. And this doesn't seem to be available.

Edit:

I think I can achieve what we're trying to do here through a Deal enrollment label filter, until Contacts label filter has been incorporated. Hopefully soon.

Updated the main post to be more specific. 

Thanks!

rstober
Participant

We desperately need association labels to be managed similarly to properties. This would allow us to use them in workflows effectively. Specifically, we need to be able to use them in workflow actions to set the appropriate association label. With over 20K contacts, it's impossible to individually set each association label. 

CCeustermans

Hi @Kidomu , 

thanks for the information - I do have a follow up question; is there a specific reason why this criteria / filter possibility is only available for workflows based on the company object and not for workflows based on the contact or deal object?

Thank you!