HubSpot Ideas

RDD

Associating tasks with multiple companies and contacts

When creating a task it would be great to be able to associate multiple companies and multiple contacts with the task. At the moment it only allows you to associate one contact and one company with a task. The only way to do it currently is to create separate tasks and tag each company so the task appears on more than one company's timeline. This would be helpful as I deal with advertising/marketing agencies and their client so would like to be able to tag both the advertising agency and the client in tasks as well as multiple contacts. This way the task will appear on all timelines. Thanks.

6 Comentarios
laurahuntley
Miembro

Please add the ability to add additional contacts to tasks within a deal.  I am a Realtor and when I add a task for clients to do for their transaction or to remind them about their closing date, etc., I need to notify BOTH the husband and wife and sometimes I want the lender aware of certain tasks and the agent on the other end of the transaction.  I need to be able to add multiple contacts.

This could be very useful for any company wherein a deal is being worked by several people as a team

PaulP
Miembro

It appears that you cannot add more than one contact to a call category of task.  This has been confirmed by Hubspot.  You can add multiple attendees to meetings but not when you have a call.

I would find this really useful when we have conference calls with all contacts so that you do not have to copy and paste.

Please can we push this through?

Thanks

p_viv
Colaborador

As the heading suggests we often have multiple deals that need to be linked to the same activity. For example, Managed Service setup vs Ongoing Deal, Pen Test invoice 1 and Pen Test Invoice 2.

And no we don't want to have all of these items in one deal as it would then affect forecasting which cannot be done at the product line item level.

Hopefully this is another quick fix.

TamasKerekes
Miembro

Similar need. I often have multiple deals with the same customer. A task can be a follow up meeting/call discussing all open deals.

I don't like the only viable idea - defining multiple tasks, while creating a single deal is obviously nonsense.

The same story is with the notes, but less important.

Jovial_Jeremy
Colaborador

There are occasions when one contact has multiple open deals. It's helpful to send the contact a weekly email for all deals. Associating multiple deals and one contact to one task would be of HUGE value. Please add this update. 

Estado actualizado a: Delivered
hroberts
Equipo de producto de HubSpot

Hi all! This functionality has been available for a while now - apologies the update here was missed! When creating a task, you can select multiple of any CRM record type in the "Associate with records" field.