HubSpot Ideas

travisjones

Associating LinkedIn Lead Gen Form Submissions to Hubspot Campaign

We have the LinkedIn Ads/Hubspot intergration configured, but one area for improvement is to develop a way to have LinkedIn Ads lead gen forms to associate Hubspot campaigns the same way that Hubspot forms associate campaigns.

The only way I’ve found to associate our LinkedIn lead gen campaigns to our Hubspot campaigns is through a workflow (associating the Hubspot campaign to a workflow with the LinkedIn lead gen form as a trigger), however these contacts will only appear as “Influenced Contacts” and have no way of being included in the “New Contacts” category within Campaign Analytics even if they are created via the LinkedIn lead gen form.

We are unable to rely on Hubspot campaign reporting until there is a solution in place.

13 Replies
dworthman
Participant

100% agree with this! I've run into multiple issues associating contacts with HubSpot campaigns. Advertising is one great example - one HubSpot campaign should be able to have multiple advertising campaigns associated with it, so anyone who is created from that specific ad  campaign shows up in the HubSpot Campaign reporting.

fiachra_duffy
HubSpot Employee

This should be solved now as you can associate Ads to the Campaigns tool? 🙂 

travisjones
Participant

@fiachra_duffy that's great - I am seeing the option to associate ad campaigns to Hubspot campaigns within the Campaigns tool now. However, only our Google Ads campaigns are populating as options right now. Our LinkedIn Ads account appears to be connected to Hubspot as normal. Do you know if it's limited to Google right now, or if we should be seeing LinkedIn as well?

fiachra_duffy
HubSpot Employee

@travisjones 

Today, ungated customers can go into a Campaign and click "Add assets" in the top-right and find a new category, "Ad Campaigns". From here they'll see all their Google, Facebook and LinkedIn ad campaigns and be able to associate them with that marketing campaign

file.png

Perhaps get onto Support if you're not seeing the same. 

https://help.hubspot.com/

travisjones
Participant

@fiachra_duffy Yes, got that part - I'll contact Support. Thank you.

AdeleTib
Contributor

Agreed!

Lots of "almost there" functionality related to LinkedIn Lead Gen forms in HubSpot.

To associate with a campaign, we have been adding campaign to the UTM then associating the URL with the campaign. 

We also loaded our LinkedIn Lead Gen forms with hidden fields that we are mapping to HubSpot fields, but there are still limitations. Some of which we had hoped to use a workflow to handle the things that we can't accomplish using mappings (like associating the correct Business Unit for the forms)...but they seem to bypass the workflow. 

Keeping an eye on this thread and others for improvements on this front. 

SebScheuer
Contributor

@Cradle I would love to hear more about how you have succeeded. Can you tell more in detail what fields and variables you took?

Have you created a manual campaign report in the report builder or have you gotten the LinkedIn lead gen generated ads into the natural hs campaign associated with landing pages and so on?

SebScheuer
Contributor

@fiachra_duffy You mentioned above to be able to add more assets to the campaign. I would expect to be able to see and add the LinkedIn lead gen ad forms under the "Forms" tab in the "Add assets" overlay, but none of the LinkedIn lead gen ad forms appear there. How did you succeed?

Also I noticed that the available options in the "Ad campaign" tab actually are "Ad campaign groups" and not the actual "Ad campaigns" which are inside of the groups. Would love to hear how you got it to work.

NathanCorliss
Participant

Hi  @travisjones@fiachra_duffy, and @SebScheuer

I heard back from Hubspot support regarding this, and got some rather concerning news: 

"Currently, the New contacts (first touch) statistics on your campaign performance are attributed to the campaign that brought them to your website for the first time. Please note: This doesn't include contacts brought to your website from workflows, CTAs, or ad campaigns like LinkedIn Lead Generation Ads."

Essentially LinkedIn Lead Gen is not counted in campaign reporting even if it is first-touch. Yikes! 

@hubspot, please fix this issue! Linkedin Lead Gen is a huge part of our performance marketing strategy. 

HKodner

I'm disappointed this wasn't addressed in the 2023 product updates release especially since there seems to be an emphasis on a stronger Linkedin + Hubspot integration. 

I agree with others that this is swaying our team away from relying so heavily on the Campaigns feature that we want to leverage.

@hubspot, please address! 🙂

HKodner

I'm disappointed this wasn't addressed in the 2023 product updates release especially since there seems to be an emphasis on a stronger Linkedin + Hubspot integration. 

I agree with others that this is swaying our team away from relying so heavily on the Campaigns feature that we want to leverage.

elisestieren
Participant

+1 Need to be able to add new contact from ad campaigns like Linkedin Lead Gen as a first touch attribution/new contact in campaigns!

LFielding8

+1 for supporting the ability to associate lead gen forms with campaigns, HubSpot already basically treats them as forms anyway....

Also ability to link specific ads not just campaigns would be handy.