HubSpot Ideas

monicaway

Multiple companies per deal

Business deals often involve multiple companies.

How far away is Hubspot from allowing multiple companies to be assigned to deals?

For example, in the field of Architecture and Construction, there is a prospective client (a company) who wants a new building. Pursuing this project opportunity (a deal) involves forming a complete team, including an architect (a company) and many consultants (other companies). See what I mean?

Thanks, 

Monica

161 Replies
oliviav

My company uses the Parent Company function in Hubspot for all our Dealers, and their Child Companies are the clients they bring to us. When we create the deal, it is associated to the dealer, but named after the client. So, "Example Dealer" brings in "XYZ Company," so "Example Dealer" becomes the parent company of "XYZ Company," and the Deal is named "XYZ Company," but associated with the "Example Dealer."

There is currently no way to have the parent company's deal also associated to their child company, since deals can only be associated to one company at a time. 

It would be great if deals could live under multiple companies!

Alex_416
Participant

This would be an very helpful feature for us. Still more useful would be to have a type of variable that takes the data type <company>. Being able to have a deal feild called "Architect" that references all comampanies in hubspot and allows me to pick. Same for "GC". "Project Manager", ect.

Viva

We would also want this. We strike contracts with multiple companies.

ChW
Participant

In the field of consultancies its the same. More than one Company (cutomer and partner) are often involved.

gwilliam

This is a feature we would like to see. An example for us that we've just gone through is a project that was released by a local Municipality who released an architect lead project. We have been approached by 5 separate teams to provide our services to.   They all get the same proposal from us so there is no reason for us to create multiple deals but without the ability to add multiple companies to the deal, this is what we had to do.

Beyond this, we engage other companies to help build our proposal, again all we can do is add individuals to the deal, not their companies. This is quite frustrating.

ak_zephyr

Hi, 

In our business we need to associate two or more companies to the same deal. There's always one primary company (our client), but there could be multple associated companies part of the deal.

Is there a way to do this? 

Thanks

jennysowyrda
Community Manager

Hi @ak_zephyr,

Currently it is not possible to associate a deal with more than one company. If you would like to see this implemented in the future, I would recommend upvoting this idea on the ideas forum.

Thanks,
Jenny

Bettinarf
Contributor

this would be great to have!!!

WorkshopBuilt
Contributor | Partner

Two years plus and 40 upvotes... what will it take to activate this?

stevenschutter
Participant

Had the same need, managed to find a workaround. Nevertheless it seems like a valid improvement, especially if the API allows to do it!

charles3
Participant

What's the workaround you found?

moon

I have seen many threads related to this requrest over the years. Upvote! 

Also, if the product team needs a model to understand this feature just check out salesforce.com becasue this allow contacts to be associated to more than one company.

Thank you!

Jon_Sasala
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

Agreed. We don't need the parent/child association to be there but we simply want to associate multiple companies with one deal.

Please and thank you.

Joshua_McQueen
Contributor

I would like this as well. We often have one agreement with a parent company that can have multiple child companies underneath. I would love to associate a deal with all the relevant companies so as not to skew my deal count.

kevinelite
Participant

We need this along with mutliple companies per contact

jniemi7
Participant

Is there any update on if/when this feature will be available? This is critical to our business.

kevinelite
Participant

Likewise - any update on this feature?

RodrigoAddor
Participant

Of course! 

It's basic!

RTSmith

Definitely needed for the Playground industry as well. Dealing with multiple landscape architects and contractors, keeping everything within the same deal is imperative. HubSpot, please make it a thing!!

WorkshopBuilt
Contributor | Partner

Yes this is one of those things that makes me pull out my hair. Hubspot is supposed to help our clients but often there are odd limitations that prevent us from creating a sound solution. This is one of them. Please address it Hubspot!