HubSpot Ideas

EGUY

Associate sales activity with marketing campaign

I would like to see a way to associate sales activity (like a logged call/email/meeting) with a marketing campaign. It would be ideal if there was a drop-down with all the marketing campaigns in the sales activity boxes (log call), the same way you can add a campaign for any marketing activity.  We have someone on our team who is dedicated to outbound sales/marketing and this association would be helpful for our reporting and tracking as he contributes to many of our marketing campaigns with "sales activities" like calling and one-to-one emails. 

15 Kommentare
Carly_Farlow
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

Yes, I 100% agree with this idea. For simplicity, I would like to add a sequence to a marketing campaign then all calls/emails sent from that sequence would be added to that campaign. From that, I would like to measure how many meetings were booked from call outreach (we have a call/meeting type as 'Meeting Booked' and 'Meeting Completed' as our measurement). I would also like to measure how many emails were sent for one particular campaign and how many were opened. 

I do this currently with the naming convention of the sequence, but it would be really great to simplify the reporting process so that it's all in one place under the campaign. 

wallawalla
Teilnehmer/-in

This is a great idea - bring this one to the front of the development projects! 😀

We're new to the whole HubSpot marketing but the possibilities for this are endless. We could tie all calls (outreach/prospecting/telemarketing/business development/lead follow ups by other names) to a specific campaign.

This could tie all of the activity (inbound and outreach) back to specific campaigns, allowing us review the results with the powerful reporting the campaigns function has.

RNeJame
Mitglied

This would be incredibly helpful, especially as part of an email campaign I may wish to respond to a previous email one of us sent

MargaritaKitova
Mitglied

Upvoting this! Our lead gen efforts are measured by meetings booked so it would be great to be able to associate contacts from meetings with direct campaign IDs as the conversion source.

JGOBIN
Mitglied

Hello,

I vote for this ID. I've got exactly the same need !

Rgds

HMoe3
Mitglied

Support this 110%, we use the meeting booking tool to allow customers to book from a calendar on our website - great convenience for both them and us, but more/better tracking is needed!

bethfoulk
Teilnehmer/-in

I think this is an excellent idea.  I've created workflows with a series of marketing emails followed by sales activities based on the level of engagement in the marketing emails all within a campaign.

I'd love to know to what degree the activities have or have not been completed.

thanks!

amylstoll
Mitglied

I assumed that this existed. This is absolutely essential in connecting the ROI dots. 

TSansico
Mitglied

1000% agree. I mean, what's the point of running campaigns, but to generate business conversations and eventually revenue? We can not track how many meetings a campaign can bring. That's a pity

JMoran3
Mitglied

Likewise to what @amylstoll said, we assumed this already existed until we tried to do it. Please implement asap. 

While we are able to associate emails to deals, our sales would reply to queries in connection to particular campaigns and would like to quantify/track these. Thanks

jjones41
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

+1 on this. Multi-channel campaigns often involve calls, meetings, and even physical mail for us. Would be very helpful to be able to associate this kind of thing both for tracking and for reporting.

CWong14
Mitglied

100% agree. We have just started using HubSpot and it was a shock to find out this wasn't possible. Would be incredibly helpful!

AKline360
Teilnehmer/-in

@bethfoulk This sounds like a great workaround. I'd love to hear more about the workflows you created!

bethfoulk
Teilnehmer/-in

@AKline360 

I have gone through a couple of iterations of my workflows at this point, but here is what I've landed on.

I created a workflow of a series of marketing emails.  1) Send marketing email, 2) delay, 3) send marketing email, etc.  Because I'm in the Marketing Professional (not Enterprise) package w/HS I can't include a sequence w/sales activities in my workflow. SO, I create a to do task in my workflow for the salesperson (contact owner) to turn on a sequence.  I name the sequence in the notes of the task.  The salespeople then goes to the list I've created for this step -- A list of all of the people who opened/clicked/something any marketing emails in this workflow.  And 50 records at a time "enroll in sequence."

As for the data, HS now is giving us opens, clicks, and call results within the sequence analytics. (I had previously set up reports and dashboards to get all of this.  This is much easier.)  It's not tied into the campaign analytics, but it's something.
Hope that helps.😊

isabelareid
Teilnehmer/-in

I agree with this idea. It's critical for my reporting.