HubSpot Ideas

claireWorkCast

Associate products/show product associations on Company/Contact/Ticket records

Hi I would like to submit for Products not to be associated just to a deal. This information should be able to pull across to the company record, the contact level and then a workflow to tickets could be implemented. 

This would mean that when a customer submits a support ticket then the company or contact record is connected to the ticket...if Products could pull through to the ticket my support team will then know which license the customer subscribes to and then the correct support can be given to the client as the support team will easily be able to view what license the customer has. 

45 Replies
tara12

For reporting purposes, it would be helpful to tie specific products to tickets. We sell over 900 different products, made up of 10+ brands. With this feature we would be able to see common problems with products, whether that's a product defect, better instructions needed, shipping damage, etc. It impossible to justified product change if you can't track how often a problem is happening. 

Bex

The abilty to creat a workflow from the products used within a quote that copy this onto the deal and then to the company. At the moment when looking at a company there is now way to see what products they have signed for.

civey
Participant

Absolutely agree with tara12. We also need this link to see which products relate to conrecte tickets. 

mark_poyser
Participant

Yes, this  agreat idea. Alternitately, add the ability to report on the Products by Company, as this is currently not possible.

Thank you

elvira_webfant

Lately there were some challenges that we had to deal with. We would like to have an overview of all the products that we sell to our clients, including the amount of hours that they have the contract for. We would like to see this on a company level instead of a contact level.

I did build in the 'products using' feature on the company level but this is not exactly what we would like to see. In this case we cannot add the amount of hours that they take. To make it clear, our clients choose for example different aspects of marketing with a different amount of hours for each aspect. We would like to track the different products including the hours so we can uppsell whenever this is the case.

Our contact at Hubspot recommended to ask for a report feature that will look at products and companies so we can easily see what products are used by a company.

mark_poyser
Participant

This is so needed. Come on Hubspot, you have now delivered custom properties into the Products area. Lets now follow this up with the idea displayed above.

grandmasterhigg

you should add products that have been purchased by the client to the "Company" level and not just deal level.

This way, at a glance, I can see what a company has purchased and how much they paid.

I think it would be fun.  

Anyone else think it would be fun?

fabiomarques
Participant

This is a must have! Sometimes during a ticket with a customer, we indetntify that a product needs to be fixed, and that requires a part (like a screen or battery) and would be ideal to have the product part on the ticket as well as the proposal (currently only avaliable for the sales team) so that we can add these parts and send a quote directly to the customer using the ticket.

Mitchell_

Hello,

Currently it is not possible to link a company and a product, therefore in order for me to accomplish the task, I would need to product 2 reports. The first being for companies and the second being for reports, and I would need to find a way to link the information.

I propose making it possible to link products to particular companies in the system.

Diana_Cristin
Participant

Connect products to tickets would allow to understand if any of the product requires more support than others and take action.

benesch_e
Contributor

Being able to associate products with a ticket is necessary because we need to be able to track and identify which products are having problems.

its also useful when determining where to allocate resorces for developing knowledge base articles... no one cares about the product no one ever asks about.

ShayB
Participant

I don't think I can even use the Products feature effectiely without it being tied to the Company record, since the Sales team and uses Deal records and Account Manager use the Company record and any upsell happening after the deal is signed is tracked on the Company level only  rather than as new deals.

MyEmma

Yes please.

If I can link products to customers, I can do better up-sales but also make nice reports of my churn and MRR

AdamBrown5

Surely this has to be fairly standard functionality? For any support or sales team using Hubspot?

GnHAutomation
Participant | Diamond Partner

Hi Everyone, 

I just realized that we could not see quote information on Contact or Company records. This feature is only available for Deals.

That would be very nice to have it implemented.

Thanks,

Greg

ethankopit
HubSpot Product Team

Hey folks - the short answer here is that we're looking into how to solve this problem by having Line Items (i.e. Products that are on a quote/deal) be associated with Orders or Subscriptions, which would then make them associated with Tickets or Contacts or Companies associated with those Orders or Subscriptions. Think of the Order or Subscription like a bridge between the Line Item and the ticket/contact/company. 

No concrete timeline yet, but we're planning.

davidtor

Hi everyone,

Indeed a really needed feature.

Does anyone have a good workaround for this? 

PMachalek

Any time a customer purchases a product and DEAL info gets added to the history of a Contact, the name of the product purchased should be included with the DEAL number, so you don't have to click on the DEAL link just to find out what got purchased.

georgephan
Participant

Hello,

we have a solution for you here:

Shopify HubSpot Integration 

we use a MiddleWare to pull data from Shopify, transform them to any kind of format you want

and then put them to HubSpot.

we offer a free trial for 2 weeks if you are interested in using our product.

I really hope it can save you some minor steps of Automation.

Thanks

mikloso
Participant

Hi there,

Being able to bill directly from tickets would streamline our process a ton. I know quotes exist in Deals, but since we bill on a ticket basis, we would need to create a deal for each ticket created just to bill from that deal. Currently we have a billing stage in our service pipeline where the billing dept takes ticket properties (hours worked, work done, etc) and sends invoices/bills using Zoho Books.

Quotes is great, especially with product library and the Stripe integration. Extending that functionality direclty into tickets, and having ticket properties affect quotes would be amazing!

Edit: A ticket based workflow that would send these invoices/bills automatically using ticket properties would be a dream come true.