HubSpot Ideas

giuliastradoni

Associate only primary company while creating deals from contact workflow

We should be able to choose if we want to associate only the primary company or all the companies of the contact while creating a new deal via workflow.

Please add this option to the create record action in workflows

HubSpot Updates
In Planning
April 21, 2022 11:24 AM

Hi @giuliastradoni ,

I agree that this feature would be elemental. So much so that our team is actively considering a brand new action to create associations between records. This would allow you to create associations between any two records, including those outputted by other workflow actions. Say you have a deal created from the Create a Record action, you should then be able to associate it to the currently enrolled contact's primary company, but also give you freedom to associate any two (or more) records using any of our other building blocks.

For now we're creating a way to fetch arbitrary records using yet another action. This way you'd be able to pinpoint exactly the records you'd want to associate.

While I can't give you an exact timeline, I can tell you we're actively working on many of these pieces to make associations more automated. I can update the thread once we go into a closed beta and could reach out if you'd like to join it.

4 Replies
zeke
HubSpot Product Team

Hi @giuliastradoni ,

I agree that this feature would be elemental. So much so that our team is actively considering a brand new action to create associations between records. This would allow you to create associations between any two records, including those outputted by other workflow actions. Say you have a deal created from the Create a Record action, you should then be able to associate it to the currently enrolled contact's primary company, but also give you freedom to associate any two (or more) records using any of our other building blocks.

For now we're creating a way to fetch arbitrary records using yet another action. This way you'd be able to pinpoint exactly the records you'd want to associate.

While I can't give you an exact timeline, I can tell you we're actively working on many of these pieces to make associations more automated. I can update the thread once we go into a closed beta and could reach out if you'd like to join it.

giuliastradoni
Member | Diamond Partner

Hi @zeke ,

Thank you for your reply, I'm glad to hear that your team is activily working on it.

Yes please let me know when a closed beta will be available.

Thanks,

Giulia

kkbockin
Participant

I would also be interested in helping with beta testing. Deals associating to more than one company messes up my Salesforce integration (in Salesforce we can only have 1 company on the action record.)

MChilders6

has this feauture been added yet? I want to be able to take a deal associated with a contact and also associate that with the conacts primary company as well. How would I do this using a workflow?