Associate one contact to multiple companies

Think business consultant or sales broker - We'd like to be able to have one contact associated with multiple companies in Sales CRM.

UPDATE from @jennysowyrda : If you would like to be ungated for this beta, please fill out this form

HubSpot updates
Associate one contact to multiple companiesHubSpot Product Team
Tuesday

Hi all,

We're currently looking into why we're displaying 7 contacts or 7 companies! We hope to have this fixed soon.

The team has been working on deciding how to move forward with the Related Companies feature. While there are no immediate plans for this implementation, we hope in the future to allow multiple relationships between objects (ie a contact can be associated with 5 companies and these would all display on the contact record via the normal "Companies" card), and we'd also like to support custom roles for all relationship types.

Thank you to those who have been making use of this beta and for the feedback you've provided! We will keep you posted as developments occur.

10-22-2019

Thanks @krispag! That's exactly right. From the contact record, you would just need to check the associations of each call to see which office the call is associated with.

10-21-2019

Hi @gelflex-cc , I haven't heard much feedback about this (others, feel free to chime in!), but the feature works using a set of seven defined roles (advisor, board member, contractor, manager, owner, partner, reseller). Via the "Related companies" card that displays on the contact record, you can choose to select a company that the contact is related to and select their role in that company out of the seven listed above. The feature still allows you to keep your businesses separate, but just gives you an easy way to tie a contact with a second company based on their role there. 

10-18-2019

Hi @aminco  - there isn't any communication sent once you're ungated as I'm just manually going through all of the requests each day. You can expect to be ungated around 4PM EDT on the business day that you submitted the form, so your portal is all set. You'll see the additional "Related Companies" card on all contact records in your portal.

04-26-2019

Hi @kevinelite , the limit is 10,000 related companies.

changed to: In Beta
04-11-2019

Hi all, thank you for your interest in this feature! Please fill out this form if you would like to be ungated for our "Related Companies" beta feature.

This feature will add a secondary card to your Contact records called "Related Companies". From this card, you can add a related company and choose the contact's role at that company from a pre-set list: Board Member, Contractor, Manager, Owner, Partner, Reseller. These roles cannot be modified at this time.

Please note that this is the extent of the feature at this time - contacts can not be segmented based on their related companies, and the related company and role cannot be imported at this time.

changed to: In Planning
10-18-2017

206 Replies
SteveMatlick
Regular Contributor

Is there a bug currently with this feature?  We are seeing, when a contact is actually associated to a company it is also appearing in the Related Contacts section seven times - once for each of the seven pre-defined roles currently available.  

Thomas_BBike
New Contributor

@ErikGron - as far as I know, the current beta-version does not allow any changes. There are several requests set to  the development team yet as far as I know. I would prefer an option to change the pre-set roles myself. 

Cheers, Thomas

Thomas_BBike
New Contributor

@SteveMatlick  - yes, I have the same issue. It just seems as there were 7 contacts but in fact there is just one. HubSpot replied to me, this might be a problem in this beta-version and will be fixed asap. 

Cheers

Thomas

Hatchman
Occasional Contributor

I like the idea of the presets but we should be able to use types of our own naming.   Most of the types currently available have absolutely no bearing on our manufacturing business.   We needs things like sales rep, engineer, project mgr, purchasing buyer, etc.

HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Hi all,

We're currently looking into why we're displaying 7 contacts or 7 companies! We hope to have this fixed soon.

The team has been working on deciding how to move forward with the Related Companies feature. While there are no immediate plans for this implementation, we hope in the future to allow multiple relationships between objects (ie a contact can be associated with 5 companies and these would all display on the contact record via the normal "Companies" card), and we'd also like to support custom roles for all relationship types.

Thank you to those who have been making use of this beta and for the feedback you've provided! We will keep you posted as developments occur.

ErikGron
New Contributor

Yeah, me too, setting the roles yourself makes more sense.