HubSpot Ideas

DBowers3

Associate one contact to multiple companies

Think business consultant or sales broker - We'd like to be able to have one contact associated with multiple companies in Sales CRM.

379 Replies
marcusyoung
Participant

This absolutely needs to be considered, we deal with real estate agents, tenant representatves and project managers who are dealing directly with a client. This should be very simple to execute I would have thought.

mbell8903

We could really use this for our product. Our product uses the concept of teams and each team is a business. The issue is that when multiple users are invited (say a 3rd party) thats already a contact, we cant associate them easily.  The best we can do is assign them to the last company they were joined with.

cortneyc
Participant

Yes, please! This is a particularly useful feature for contacts who are, say, both the owner of a business and a leader/primary contact for a business association or chamber of commerce type entity. 

PerryDigital
Participant

This is particularly relevant in the Accountancy industry, where you could manage the accounts for one Director across multiple companies they are responsible for.

I would imagine this isn't far away from the code used to associate multiple child companies with a parent company in HubSpot's back-end.

mdavidson

This is crucial for us as we use an external company as a middleman between us and some of our clients, and a single person from this external company may be a middle man between us and multiple companies. Making it difficult for us to monitor associated companies to contacts. Please fix!

JGillis

This is an essential addition to our industry (telecommunications and security) as we have client contacts that manage/maintain multiple properties.

roldannn

It´s important cause you can assign this contact ( for example a contact from a economic consultant ) to a company ( its the consultant for this company ) . For me , in the same view , in the company, i can see the workers and the external workers ( consultant ) and it easy to communicate with them.

Johanna

Hello, 

I think my company is gonna change for another CRM because of this feature missing.

Need to be created in the top needed-features !

PerryDigital
Participant

Possible Solution for those who can't wait for HubSpot to add this feature:

My company uses a reference system at the backend, so the way we have associated contacts with companies is like so:

1. Contact has a unique reference
  2. Business has a unique reference
  3. Add "Company References" as a multi-line text field to the contact properties.
  4. Insert each business reference on its own line in that property (we place the most recent one at the top).
  5. Then either don't associate the contact with any of the businesses (could avoid any future confusion) or choose a business that you would like to indicate is the most important for the contact and associate that with the contact.

I hope this helps you all with your unique circumstances or at least instills some ideas for your own purposes.

ReggieYancey

We need this ASAP. I work with education and often a teacher/coach/Director will be part of multiple groups/association and want me to do work for both of them. 

Use case:

Music Organization composed of multiple band directors. 

Each band director also wants work done for their band. The band itself is not affiliated with the music organization

LZBloomerang

We REALLY need this feature.

Sophie_Higgs
HubSpot Product Team

DBowers3
Participant | Partner

Thank you Sophie, please let us know what time frame we may be facing. 3 months? A year? More?

DerrickWeiss
Member | Diamond Partner

I am in deep need of this feature. Working at an agency - I have multiple clients that have come across this impediment within HubSpot. I know this would probably require a lot of effort on HubSpot's part - but the value is there.

Many of my clients' prospects are associated with multiple companies - whether they own 3-4 and use a single email to manage all of them, have changing personnel in each company that are difficult to track, or some other variation.

This is absolutely needed!

bb14

This would be really important for us too!

It's quite common for a single contact to be the main contact for a number of different companies and at the moment it's quite fiddly to keep track of who the main contact is, if at all. And no real option to have the correspondance correctly showing for each organisation.

NathanShowpass

Many of our contacts are owners of multiple companies. These businesses are in no way connected. The only common denominator is the shared owner/contact. Associating these companies via parent/child relationships would be a mistake because they are not connected and should not be viewed by our sales team as connected. 

Having multiple unrelated companies associated to one contact is imperative for our organization to continue our use of Hubspot. 

Robert_Nemec

Venture capitalists are another example. They are decision makers in multiple companies. And sometimes they use just one email address. 

Another example is people in transition. She can be a CEO of one company but will be promoted to another (within a group) and I want to work on that lead ahead.

csosnowski

Holy Moses the ability to have one person assigned to many companies is a critical feature for us as well.  Hubspot has been great in the free mode so far, but seems to be targeted at stereotypical small/medium businesses that work in the private sector.  We are a software startup that serve the public sector and probably a third of the very small Illinois municipalities use outside contractors/consultants to fill roles in their agencies.  As you might suspect, many times it's the same consultant/contractor in multiple towns that fills that role.  The inability to do this will be a long-term deal breaker for us to be able to use the product.  +1 to get this included.

drakow

We need this feature.  Some of our client's facilities are operated by a regional director and that regional director wants all info about any of the facilities sent to him, not just info on one specific facility

khaledh

We are planning to enrich our HubSpot contacts/companies through the API by populating certain custom properties from our system. The problem is that for every contact we have potentially multiple companies in our system, but since we're allowed only one company to be associated with each contact, we're severly limited.  It would be ideal to allow many-to-many relationship between contacts and companies.