HubSpot Ideas

DBowers3

Associate one contact to multiple companies

Think business consultant or sales broker - We'd like to be able to have one contact associated with multiple companies in Sales CRM.

379 Replies
LukeAvery

+1 for this feature request.

AMichel4

Yes I absolutely need this as well (working with Doctors who work in Private Practices and Hospitals). When will this be available?

imghubspot

This is REALLY needed for us too

olivierm

=> Status updated to: In Planning

Hi

@jeffvincent 

Any update on this topic?

My problem is the probably the same than lots of colleagues here:

• A customer (= 1 company) has multiple locations. The product I sell is location-specific.
  • For now, my idea is to create a child company per location (not ideal, but I have no other ideas for now).
  • Sometimes, I have a contact dedicated to a single location (thus, in my case, to a single child company).
  • Sometimes (let's say: more often), I have the same contact that deals with multiple locations (thus, to multiple child companies).

So, 1 contact associated with multiple companies would really help (1 contact with multiple related companies could be enough for me).

TDart4

+1000 for this. 

@jeffvincent any updates please? 

olivierm absolutely nailed the scenario we need to handle in our business. We're a SaaS platform selling a solution to hospitality businesses such as cafes and restaurants which are almost equally split between 1:1 and 1:many type structures when it concerns contact:company relationships.  

We really need this. 

oklingberg

Ping @jeffvincent & @jsg121 

We are on the way implementing Hubspot and a signal on where this is heading would be very appreciated 

Best

JFinestone

@jeffvincent another +1 for @OliverM's description of the challenges here.

It's been 4 years now with an open ticket that's critical to staying organized as a business across virtually all industries. 

Can you provide at least an update on timeline? Without a window into the rollout we're likely to move over to Salesforce. 

Thanks

PStonemetz

Along with all the others awaiting this feature; We need the ability to associate 1 contact with multiple companies.  I assume this feature will carry over to child companies as well? 

Please keep us updated.

jeffvincent
HubSpot Product Team

Hi all, really appreciate the enthusiasm around this functionality. We can't wait to deliver it.

We are still actively working on supporting multiple companies on a contact - not just within the CRM, but across all parts of the HubSpot platform. Once we are in public beta, I will send out opt-in information.

Thanks for your patience - this stuff may seem straightforward, but being good stewards of your data comes first for us. Nothing is worth more than your trust. Updates to come as soon as possible.

olivierm
Hi @jeffvincent
Great news!
Is this feature likely to be delivered in Q1.21, Q2.21 or later this year?
All the best,
Olivier
laurae
Participant

Yes! I can't wait for this. We've been needing this feature. When can we expect beta release?

claude191
Participant

Hi @jeffvincent,

Thanks for the update, however just saying "wait" doesn't tell us anything new.   You said basically the same thing in October -  which is a long time between drinks.

Can you at least tell us which YEAR this feature is planned release?

Thanks,

Claude.

Bob2245
Top Contributor | Platinum Partner

Replying to be notified when this goes live. Have a couple of clients who run into this and I'm running out of workaround ideas 😉

AMichel4

Hi @Bob2245 

I am about to start thinking about workaround ideas. So if you have one or 2 to share, it would be great!

Kind regards

Alexandra

giuliocast
Participant

we are waiting for this new features too, it would be really useful for us

Inflectiv
Participant

We are also at the workaround stage given this limitation. I'd appreciate updates and invites to the Beta when ready please.

MG_Sara
Participant

Thank you for the update @jeffvincent !

I'm sure the process of developing and rolling out these updates is complex, but as some other users for mentioned, any sort of more specific timeline would be appreciated. If it isn't an official date, then perhaps a run down of the expected timeline? For example, private beta requires a minium of X number of weeks, after which a public beta is required to run for X number of weeks, etc. That could at least give us a window as to when we could expect the update to go live. I need to report back to my stakeholders on this feature and "it's coming soon" isn't really boosting their confidence.  

Thank you!

carlos_bSR
Member | Partner

Agree with @MG_Sara., having a date would be great. Thank you!

nicjones

Hoping to see this in production soon!

rowens8
Participant | Diamond Partner

Definitely need to be able to associate with multiple companies, especially for certain industries where a JV is common. 

Going through the child parent relationship is a bit confusing and ads an unwanted layer of abstraction.